[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 145

maybe it won't make it to the other side at all... it will hang in the centre, perhaps wobbling just a little bit....

plus the difference in pressure on different sides of the ground... but that's if you don't neglect... there is even a project for such power plants, if the tunnel is long enough, the pressure difference between inlet and outlet will always be quite significant to spin the turbine...

ChachaGames >>:

скорее профессор и 2 кирпича :)

Hardly

the bricks are the same

and different professors due to different perspectives on the problem

but to complete the picture, I would give to one professor a burning oxygen-propane torch for studying the question of change of deflection angle of flame at V=200 km/h

and to another one, instead of parachute, to put a point in this question ...or a spot

Mischek >>:

Врядли

кирпичи одинаковые

а профессора разные в силу разных взглядов на проблему

но для полноты картины, я бы ещё всунул одному профессору горящую кислороднопропановую горелку для изучения вопроса об изменении угла отклонения пламени при V=200 км/ч

а другому вместо парашюта большой мешок с мухами

A spherical horse in a vacuum is missing to complete the picture :)))

ChachaGames >>:

Сферического коня в вакууме не хватает для полноты картины :)))

You're gonna make it happen.

He's gonna bring Richie back some wood-burning light bulb thing with a Carlson propeller on it.

Mischek >>:

Приколист

Если нет правильного ответа, зачем тень на плетень наводить

Я Вам в следующий раз счет выставлю за неоднократное принуждение к холостой работе мозга

If you can't take the money, take the experience ;)

Mischek >>:

Ща накликаешь

Притащет Ричи какую-нибудь железяку с лампочками на дровах с пропеллером от Карлсона

This is not my idea, it just popped into my head!

While some ponder on the problem of two sides and the bisector (there is already an analytical formula by which the third side can be constructed, but I do not see a natural construction yet), I propose the following:

b) Prove that there are infinitely many natural numbers which are not representable as a sum of three squares.

Basically, there is a clue, which is a), but first let's see how the problem b) goes without a)...

Mathemat >>:

В принципе есть подсказка, которая и есть пункт а), но сначала посмотрим, как пойдет задача б) без а)...

A - is it the same with two squares?

No, you didn't. If the problem goes hard, I'll post a hint.

TheXpert, do you still have a natural construction of the triangle in the problem - or not?

Mathemat >>:

Это не я придумал, оно само в голову влезло!

Пока некоторые обдумывают задачу о двух сторонах и биссектрисе (аналитическая формула, по которой можно построить третью сторону, уже есть, а естественного построения пока не вижу), предлагаю следующую:

б) Докажите, что существует бесконечно много натуральных чисел, не представимых в виде суммы трёх квадратов.

В принципе есть подсказка, которая и есть пункт а), но сначала посмотрим, как пойдет задача б) без а)...

Personally, I can't do it, you don't even have to worry about it.