[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 124

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Next: Can a figure in the plane have exactly two centres of symmetry?

Even an infinite can have.

Yes, it's been floating around, but I haven't seen the video.

Swetten писал(а) >>

Speaking of the aeroplane

Looking forward to more questions, you're doing very well :)

Richie >>:

Даже бесконечное может иметь.

An example?

Mathemat писал(а) >>

An example?

That's what I thought. Remember the 2 balls, I asked what is the angle between the vectors. But if the balls were at zero

apart from each other. So there's one ball, but in fact there are two. Not everyone can understand that, but if

understand it, a lot of things will become clear... But it is just for the record. Let's just say I was wrong.

Richie, there's maths here. Give an example of a figure with an infinite number of CAs. If two CAs coincide, consider them identical.

Frankly, I don't understand if there are any figures with more than one CA.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Richie, there's maths here. Give an example of a figure with an infinite number of CAs. If two CAs coincide, consider them identical.

Honestly, I can't figure out if there are any figures with more than one CA.

The first thing that comes to mind is a circle, but the centres are the same.

Several planes and axes can be. But there are centres. The centre is the compressed plane or axis.

That's not maths any more, though.

Richie, what are the centres of a single circle?! It has a single centre, aka the centre of symmetry, also a single centre. And we're talking about shapes on a plane, not three-dimensional ones.

trivial solutions (straight line and plane itself) are not considered?