Money management strategies. Martingale. - page 13

Reshetov писал(а) >>

The market is the process of changing prices.

And if the price stands still, it's no longer a market? :)

Sorento писал(а) >>

I wouldn't be so categorical.

What do you mean?

Clearly, it's not a prediction strategy that disproves martingale. These are circumstantial signs as mentioned above. Putting out something that makes money is stupid, but such please :)

The "highbrow" see what you are describing roughly like this:

This is why I suggest we continue to discuss "popping out of the pipe" and the place of Martingale in doing so.

That's kind of where we got the debate going. ;)

Reshetov писал(а) >>

Still - the market is not a process

PapaYozh >> :

The market and the process are more like the essence and form of the subject

Sorento писал(а) >>

The "highbrow" see what you are describing roughly like this:

That's why I suggest we continue to discuss "popping out of the pipe" and the place of Martingale in doing so.

There is no martingale, there is pure combinatorics. What you cited is just an illustration of a martingale (not a chart but a formula ;)) and there is no profit in jumping out neither by marting nor by anything else in case of finite capital.

PapaYozh писал(а) >>

Reshetov wrote >>

Like I purposely picked up a couple of links on the internet, so that one lacks a mention of process, the other of market and sort of became immensely cool?

There is a dick with a screw for every tricky nerd's ass:

The market is a system of economic relations between people, covering the processes of production, distribution, exchange and consumption. It acts as a complex mechanism for the functioning of the economy, based on the use of various forms of ownership, commodity-money relations and the financial and credit system. see muc.renet.ru/do/demo/rbp/gloss.htm

Reshetov писал(а) >>

Like I purposely picked up a couple of links on the internet, so that one lacks a mention of the process, the other of the market and like now the rightness is on your side?

There's a dick with a screw to every tricky nerd's ass:

The market is a system of economic relations between people, encompassing the processes of production, distribution, exchange and consumption. It acts as a complex mechanism for the functioning of the economy, based on the use of various forms of ownership, commodity-money relations and the financial and credit system. see muc.renet.ru/do/demo/rbp/gloss.htm

The market is when one buys and the other sells. And nothing else.

paukas писал(а) >>

A market is when one buys and the other sells. There is nothing else.

Under Soviet rule, they also sold and bought kefir in the shop, for example. Was it a market too? :)