How strong movements are born - page 11

Yeah a normal trading range. )))

But that's not what I mean. What are you all so excited about? Yes - strong moves happen after the market shrinks. So what? And day comes after night, it gets lighter after it got darker...

And you can also say that one pencil is longer, because the other is shorter. What's next? )))

Excuses like "that's how the author sees it" don't work. If it's a channel, then it's wrong, because there is no such thing as a channel. If it is a range between TP and SL - the same, because such an increase in the range, several times, is meaningless in trading.

Svinozavr >> :

Yeah a normal trading range. )))

Range may be OK, but range changes are not.

Again, the width of the channel depends on the depth of the analysis. Here is a picture with a different wavelength = 144.

DC2008 >> :

Again, the width of the channel depends on the depth of the analysis. Here is a picture with a different wavelength = 144.

If you display the bollinger in a separate window, you get essentially the same picture. As a reminder, the bollinger is an "ordinary" average with sigmas.

If you trade the market carefully, it should be clear that there is no channel widening during strong movements. Quite the contrary, in fact. Think about it.

And yet, I still did not see the "mechanism for the emergence of a strong movement". I did not see the mechanism.

HideYourRichess >> :

The range may be OK, but the change of the range is not.

Are we going to discuss unknown indicators? I understand roughly what the author did - that's why I'm writing normally)). And cling to the names - half of the forum because of terminological confusion do not understand each other.

And that's not the point. The question-fact is what to do with it all. Nothing practical follows from the fact that a flat is a flat and the movement that follows (how else???) is a movement. Especially for a bot. And there's no connection between narrowness and subsequent strength of movement either. A strong movement can arise from a completely dead flat with a spread range as well as from quite strong sideways fluctuations. Anything can happen. It is much more practical (at least this is what I use) to detect a movement as early as possible and to participate in it. And guessing where and for how long - no, I don't think that's realistic. In the context of movement - you can (I wrote above), and from a long flat - I do not know how and whether it is possible at all.

Svinozavr >> :

Are we going to discuss unknown indicators? I understand roughly what the author did - that's why I'm writing normally)). And to cling to the names - half of the forum because of terminological confusion do not understand each other.

Well, why not. The author is making a claim.

Svinozavr >>: That's not the point. The question is what to do with it all. Nothing practical follows from the fact, that a flat is a flat and the movement which follows it (how else???). Especially for a bot. And there's no connection between narrowness and subsequent strength of movement either. A strong movement can arise from a completely dead flat with a spread range as well as from quite strong sideways fluctuations. Anything can happen. It is much more practical (at least this is what I use) to detect a movement as early as possible and to participate in it. And guessing where and for how long - no, I don't think that's realistic. In the context of movement - it is possible (wrote above), and from a long flat - I do not know how and whether it is possible at all.

That's it. Exactly. I stated the same at the very beginning - that strong movements are not really connected to volumes or activity. But the reaction is zero.

With these channels there is one fundamental wrongness. I repeat. Unlike what is usually drawn, the channel narrows on strong movements (the channel is a probabilistic forecast of price behaviour).

HideYourRichess писал(а) >>

If you trade the market carefully, it should be clear that there is no channel widening during strong moves. On the contrary. Think about it.

Maybe that's what happens with the bollinger, I don't know. And I need targets (TP and SL) and they by my channels (which are calculated quite differently) are executed with high probability. And at any given time I see future targets with the frequency of execution I want (depends on the wavelength).

===

So how do you think you can pre-intuit strong throws?

HideYourRichess писал(а) >>

Well, why not? The author's making a claim.

God be with you. I was answering your questions on indicators only as a courtesy and within the framework of the subject.