The dollar is getting stronger ??? - page 10

timbo >> :

In all the situations described, no one is refusing to pay back the debt. It's just that the repayment is postponed for some period of time with the mutual consent of all parties involved and to the mutual benefit of both.

At the moment, the US gentlemen are very much being begged not to lower the dollar. That is, not to reduce their obligations to their creditors. The US gentlemen are NOT refusing. That's what I'm talking about, it's basically a thieving ideology. What do you have on the merits?

Also, speaking of debt. Timbo here claims that the US government is super-duper, responsible for debts and taking care of its citizens. That's probably true. Maybe the current situation in which the US not only can't pay its debts, but can't even service them is temporary. It is quite possible. The U.S. will now recover from the crisis and start paying back the principal. The dollar will rise again. American industry will once again become a leader in manufacturing and technology, in the volume of production, not in some areas. New factories and plants will open in the United States. We will buy Fords and Cadillacs. Yes, yes, I do. I even have one dollar account left. I'm waiting.

gip >> :

At the moment, the US gentlemen are very much being begged not to lower the dollar. That is, not to lower their obligations to their creditors. The US gentlemen are NOT refusing. That's what I'm talking about, it's basically a thieving ideology. What do you have on substance?

Essentially the US gentlemen are very much begging for an interest rate hike. The US gentlemen have so far refused. What is thievish about it? It is not the lenders that are begging, they knew what they were signing up for and are quite happy with the current situation, but the competing economies. As if you and I are playing chess and I ask you to give me the queen and when you refuse I call you a thief.

timbo >> :

and quite happy with the current situation

I am not happy. I am a creditor of the American economy. In a very small way, but a creditor.

But it is clear that I do not have the ability to ask Mr. Americans for anything. And Mr. Putin and Mr. Medvedev... they won't ask for me.

So what abstractions were you talking about?

gip >> :

I am not happy. I am a creditor of the American economy. In a very small way, but a creditor.

But it is clear that I have no way to ask Mr. Americans for anything. And Mr. Putin and Mr. Medvedev... they won't ask for me.

So what abstractions were you talking about?

What does this have to do with Americans? You should ask your managers, who in your opinion have invested your money poorly.

The Americans sold their bonds at market price and promised to pay back 100 grand each on maturity, and pay a fixed percentage every six months until that date. They have fulfilled these obligations from start to finish. They haven't promised anything else. So the thieves are your managers - "Messrs Putin and Medvedev".

Timbo, didn't you start your career in the collective farm market? Why are you taking the conversation in a sideways direction?

You're defending the position that you can default on principal and everyone will be happy. I'm giving you the example that it's a scam and the lenders aren't happy.

Why the fuck are you bringing in some of my managers? And where is the performance of one's obligations from one day to the next when methods such as exchange rate management are used to avoid repaying the debt?

gip >> :

You defend the position that you can default on the principal and everyone will be happy. I give you the example that it is a scam and the creditors are not happy.

You haven't understood anything. Yes, it is possible not to pay back the principal. But it only looks that way to the debtor. The one who gave him the loan gets the sum in full and on time, exactly as agreed.

I borrowed 100 bucks from Vasya for a month, and promised to pay back $101 with interest.

After a month, I borrowed $100 from Kolya, added my $1 and gave it to Vasya.

Vasya is happy, because he got the money back exactly as agreed.

I'm happy because I keep turning over the money I borrowed and pay only interest.

Kolya is happy, too, because he knows that he will get his $101 in a month.

Who ripped off who?

timbo >> :

You haven't understood anything. Yes, it is possible not to pay back the principal. But it only looks that way to the debtor. The person who lent him the money gets the whole amount in full and on time, exactly as agreed.

I borrowed 100 bucks from Vasya for a month, and promised to pay back $101 with interest.

A month later, I borrowed $100 from Kolya, added my $1 and gave it to Vasya.

Vasya is happy, because he got the money back exactly as agreed.

I'm happy because I keep turning over the money I borrowed and pay only interest.

Kolya is happy, too, because he knows that he will get his $101 in a month.

Who robbed who?

No timbo, not at the collective farmers' market, there were more professional crooks there. Here's the commentary:

I borrowed $100(E100 - Ed.) from Vasya for a month, he promised to pay me back with interest $101.(E101- Ed.).

A month later I borrowed $100(E99 - ed.) from Kolya and added $1 to it and gave it to Vasya.(E100- Ed.).

Vasya is happy because he gets the money back exactly as agreed.(Vasya is not happy because he lost E1, ed.)

I am happy because I keep turning over the borrowed money and pay only interest.(Timbo is happy, ed.)

) I'm happy too because he knows he'll receive $101 a month from now.(Kolya is happy too, because he doesn't know he'll receive less than he originally borrowed. )

Who ripped who off?(Timbo has cheated Vasya and is getting ready to cheat Kolya - ed.)

gip >> :

A month later I borrowed $100(E99 - ed.) from Kolya, added my $1 and gave it to Vasya.(E100, ed.)

Where did you get your fancy maths from? And if the exchange rate of the $ increased, then Vasya would be considered a thief, because I would have given him E105? In your logic someone is always a thief - either the one who borrowed or the one who lent. "According to the receipt, the red cow is one, we took it alone, we will return it alone too, so as not to break the accountability".

Are you ready to pay the Americans the difference if the dollar rises, or you'll just become a thief?

Just don't impose such childish notions on me and twist them bluntly. If the Americans had been responsible for their debts, there would have been no claims of theft. If they had raised the exchange rate instead of lowering it, no one would be accusing creditors of stealing, and even more would have been lent. As it is, capital is flowing out of your tymbo land of happiness. If you were an American, this would not make you happy.