Useful tools - page 16

joo:

I wouldn't say that Avira's products are very fast. Also, antivirus tends to be paranoid about everything that moves, ugh, executes - false positives for "viruses" are not uncommon.

I myself use DrWeb antivirus and Agnitum Outpost Firewal Pro. I like this combination the best. AMD Atlon 3800 x64 and 2Gb will suffice for not slowing down anything - I always run a dozen programs simultaneously. I recommend it.

DrWeb policy is that antivirus does not react to dead viruses (not dangerous), thereby not disturbing the user. On the other hand, it allows you to get out of very difficult cases - I have many times had to treat the computers of friends who were caught by SMS ransomware - nothing helped them, and DrWeb helped them out.

Will have to check it out, thanks!
I thought about installing the free Comodo - but I saw on youtube how, after testing with a set of viruses of this antivirus, the computer did not recover after overloading. And their firewall, although powerful, but too many windows with all sorts of requests (already checked it in the past), you get tortured with it.

AMD Athlon 64 х2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

Now I get it. My point is that there is a single-core with a similar name - AMD Athlon 64 3800+.

I left Kis because it was slow and incompatible with my work. I now use the free avast. I'm now using the free avast. The antivirus has a basic security function anyway, the advanced functions are implemented by other programs. Comodo's firewall is quite good and can be combined with other antiviruses.

splxgf:
I left Kis because of slowdowns incompatible with work. I now use the free avast. I'm now using the free avast anyway, the antivirus is designed to provide basic security but the advanced features are implemented by other software. Comodo firewall is quite good and can be combined with other antiviruses.

So, I am not the only one suffering from slowdowns with KIS. Every few hours, it bumps my CPU up to 99% and other programs stop responding for a few minutes.
As far as I understood most free antiviruses do not have what is coded as "IS" (internet security) - searching for Trojans etc. - Is this what you call "advanced features"? If so, what can catch them? (of the free ones)

chief2000:

So I'm not the only one who gets lags with KIS - every few hours it loads my CPU up to 99% and other programs don't respond for a few minutes.
As far as I understood most free antivirus software does not have what is coded as "IS" (internet security) - searching for Trojans etc. - Is this what you call "advanced features"? If so, what can catch them? (of the free ones)

Ditched Keyes too and for the brakes, switched to Nees. Try it...

5drakon:
Stop spamming, you're spamming every thread.

rustein:

Ditched Keyes too and for the brakes, switched to Nees. Try...

Thank you!

Found a ranking of the best anti-viruses according to test results (2011):
http://www.anti-malware.ru/tests_history

On a cursory glance, the leaders (those that passed all tests -> only the latest versions) are:
KIS, NIS, Avast IS, AVG IS, DrWeb Space, F-Secure.

In addition to antivirus, AVZ, MBAM, CureIT can be run periodically and a couple of other tools.

chief2000:

I found a ranking of the best anti-viruses according to test results (2011):
http://www.anti-malware.ru/tests_history

On a cursory glance, in the leaders (passed all tests -> only the latest versions):
KIS, NIS, Avast IS, AVG IS, DrWeb Space, F-Secure.

Keep in mind when reviewing the ratings that DrWeb does not react to dead viruses (which are present among thousands of viruses in the tests), unlike its direct competitor K and others. Hence the position in the ratings is lower than it would be if the other anti-viruses behaved in the same way as DrWeb.

The moral of the results of such tests naturally goes in the direction one should... :)