04) Frequency 1333
05) Type DDR3
06) Bandwidth 10666
07) Timings 7-7-7-20
08) Voltage 1.65V
09) Cooling Radiators

--

http://x-memory.ru/club/forum/forum1002/topic572/

my machine has 3 x 4gigs memory cards - i got 3 cards in a set ( last i checked , 6 gig cards are online now...)

honestly, I'm too lazy to take it off, open the case, etc.

--

what is the possible effect of this procedure?

Besides the operating system gets 3 gigs.

I'm just not sure it's 3. And if so, that again it is not clear how the remaining unallocated hygiene is affected. After all, it could be that if we ran purely physical XP on 3 purely physical gigs, the result would be different - much more modest. Very opaque stuff - this virtualisation technology.

No, of course you don't have to unscrew it. You won't understand anything on the virtual machine for the reasons described above anyway. The result is there and that's all right. Mene, tekel, fares, as they say.

Pardon, no fares, of course! Just mene and tekel (counted and weighed)))).

Yuri, look in the BIOS or at startup at what speed the memory runs when the processor is overclocked.

1066 is at nominal CPU frequency. How much at 3.8 and 4.0 GHz?

Docent >> :

Yuri, look in the BIOS or at startup at what speed the memory runs when the processor is overclocked.

1066 is at nominal CPU frequency. How much at 3.8 and 4.0 GHz?

Typical frequency 133 MHz 150 MHz 166 MHz 183 MHz

190 MHz

200 MHz
CPU Frequency 2.67 GHz 3 GHz 3.33 GHz 3.66 GHz

3.8 GHz

4 GHz
CPU Voltage Auto Auto Auto 1275 В

1,344 В

1,5 В
GPL Auto Auto Auto 1,8 В

1,94 В

2,1 В
QPI/DRAM voltage Auto Auto Auto 1,275 В

1,344 В

1,5 В
DRAM voltage Auto Auto Auto 1,6 В 1,6 В 1,6 В

1066 1202 999 1101 1143 1203

Xeon 5355 @ 2.66 GHz, cache 2x4 MB L2 - 465sec. 465*2.66=1237

first table

second plate

HideYourRichess >> :

Xeon 5355 @ 2.66 GHz, cache 2x4 MB L2 - 465sec. 465*2.66=1237

On what test, HideYourRichess?

on the new one.

OK, thank you. Then the rest of the questions will be asked by Docent.

And one more thing, Docent, here's a suggestion: it would be possible to add to the same table the result of the second Yuraz test, with overclocking. This result is obviously unpredictable and even surprising. Belford has two, but when overclocking Phenom II ff-efficiency drops, and here it's vice versa!

Mathemat писал(а) >>

And another thing, Docent, here's a suggestion: you could put in the same table the result of the second Yuraz test, with overclocking. This result is clearly not predictable in advance and even surprising. Belford'a has two, but when overclocking Phenom II ff-efficacy drops, and here - on the contrary!

Sorry for the long absence, had a nap :)

All the new results are in.

Of course, there must be an explanation of Yury's CPU behavior, and we'll find it. I just need to reread the articles on new processor architecture. I think I'll report by the evening :)

в чем эффект возможный от этой процедуры ?

In addition, 3 gigs are given to the operating system

The possible effect is not only (and not so much) in reducing memory size (which is just for our purposes is not critical), but also in reducing the speed of exchange with memory, because the channels run in parallel. Plus, if we leave only one channel, latency (delay) also grows. That's why it's interesting to see how the optimizer reacts to it.

Yes, it is also desirable to look at the timings (in BIOS) - similar to those shown by CPU-Z - for a full comparison, respectively for all three frequencies that are in the table.