Why does any strategy only work successfully for a limited time and then stop working? - page 10

Avals писал(а) >>

it is as easy to fit MM to a story as any other set of options. It doesn't guarantee that MM will pull something in real trading

I guess I'm not being clear)) I'm saying that searching for an indicator or its parameters which ideally predicts price movement in any situation is a dead end. In certain conditions, absolutely any indicator works with any parameters. Its work has statistics. And in my opinion, the correct financial and risk management is the right direction to build on its statistics. Maybe, I was not clear again.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

(shrugging) Well, yes, you can. And the sky is blue. But what does that have to do with what I wrote?

I wasn't quoting your post :)

Avals писал(а) >>

Sorry, my mistake. :))

Well, it's right on topic.

"Statistica.mqh function library.

Avals >> :

>> that's why I'm wondering. What in this post are you objecting to?

leman писал(а) >>

I'm probably not making myself clear )) I am saying that searching for an indicator or its parameters, which ideally predicts the price movement in any situation, is a dead end. In certain conditions, absolutely any indicator works with any parameters. Its work has statistics. And in my opinion, the correct financial and risk management is the right direction to build on its statistics. Maybe, I was not clear again.

The variation of the lot depending on previous results is the same as the filter from price data and in fact TA. You can trade Equity as a standalone chart by changing the lot. However, it is not immune to adjustment as well as in optimization of other TA schemes.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

That's why I wonder. What are you objecting to in this post?

leman wrote >>

I don't know what MM you use, but based on my experiments I came to the conclusion that it is necessary to optimize MM parameters, not indicator parameters, and if the strategy was profitable in principle, with MM it can be made profitable for all instruments and periods. This is my approach. You plan your budget. Planning your budget is even more important in Forex, Forex won't give you delays on payments.

just still can't understand what the attitude has to do with what you wrote? I wrote an attitude to what leman wrote

Avals >>:
только до сих пор не могу понять при чем здесь отношение к тому что вы написали? Я написал отношение к тому что написал leman

))) I see. You just decided to increase the degree of absurdity by answering me in the same vein.

(I wrote purely about MM, in case you didn't get it. Cited an ideal case of MM without an entry strategy. This is what you and your opponent were talking about from the beginning - MM can work with any strategy).

Avals писал(а) >>
Changing the lot depending on previous results is the same filter of price data and in fact TA. It is possible to trade equity as an independent chart changing the lot. But you cannot be secured from the adjustment, like in the optimization of other TA schemes.

I am only saying that optimising the approach to investing, depending on the balance, is more effective than optimising the parameters of the indicators

Avals >> :
The lot change depending on the previous results is the same filter from the price data and in fact TA. It is possible to trade equity as an independent chart by changing the lot. But one cannot be secured from adjustments, like in other TA schemes.

Have you tried it?

Geronimo писал(а) >>

Have you tried it?

A long time ago. But I haven't gotten robustness from such methods. IMHA the system either works and should be traded to the full - or it no longer works and should not be traded. I.e. binary (0/1) without intermediate states. I have a slightly different approach. There is a system implemented on different instruments with slightly different parameters. Those variants work which constantly show their robustness. Others are thrown out. Although it may be a matter of taste :)