So where is the price heading? - page 6

Alex5757000 >> :

There are few true professionals in any field. If you think that only inexperienced traders communicate here, and that you are the only pro, you are deeply mistaken. You're wrong. There are successful traders on this site. In this site there are successful traders. What about the fact that you`re not a tenner or that you`ve stayed in trading, it`s not an indicator of success.

First of all, don't poke strangers. This is a characteristic of you.

Secondly, reading those or other posts, faced with a truly glaring illiteracy (in terms of knowledge of basic grammar).

What topics can talk about with a man who could not learn to write correctly (laziness, cretinism, etc.).

Thirdly, there are NO successful traders on this site. Successful traders just make money, not spilling the beans.

The only exceptions here are people who like to "show off".

I understand it this way: if this is an MQl forum, you have to deal with issues related to the language and the terminal. And here.

>> the topic of the thread. It's from another thread.

laanaa0708 писал(а) >> Thirdly , there are NO successful traders on this site.

I wouldn't be so categorical. You don't need to be a wise guy to see them.

Secondly, reading these or those posts, one is confronted with truly blatant illiteracy [...]

What does the topic of the thread have to do with it.

And here "than" is written separated. And in the first sentence you're not all right with punctuation marks and even with grammar.

Swetten wrote(a) >> Thinking about things and looking at my robot's work, a sad thought occurred to me: it clearly doesn't have enough input data.

Well yes, that's not just a problem for you, Svetlana. And sometimes there is enough data, but the Expert Advisor turns out to be such that it cannot guarantee anything even with such a data set (of course, in the statistical sense).

In general, such bitter thoughts are a very good sign: you are on your way to a radical rethinking of what you are doing.

P.S. What an interesting book I just read. About Jesse Livermore (but it's not "Memories of a Stock Speculator"). It's hard to understand much about his trading system, but it's very interesting to read about his life. I'm attaching it here so that I don't have to click on any links.

Files:
smittenbooks.zip  3829 kb

On the subject of the branch.

Take a few averages. If their direction is the same, then work. Or watch the price behaviour on at least two timeframes, which is the same.

On the picture is the DAX index (whatever was at hand). Where is the price going? The three averages show well enough, don't you agree?

There was a valid point: "consider the problem on a certain TF".

Also, draw what you wrote; something is not clear:

Someone will say, "take the MA difference". OK. Let's say the value is 0.025. So what? Is that a move up or a move down? It's a point.

Someone will add: "take the value on the previous bar". Okay, let's assume the values 0.027 and 0.025. Is this a move up or a move down? This is a point, and I will explain why: who will say whether these values increased or decreased? After all, it could be that the seemingly deceptive downward movement -- actually an upward movement, as these values have changed from 0.028 and 0.024?

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Well, yes, it's not just a problem for you, Svetlana. And sometimes there is enough data, but the EA turns out to be such that even with such an array of data it cannot guarantee anything (of course, in the statistical sense).

In general, such bitter thoughts are a very good sign: you are on your way to a radical rethinking of what you are doing.

Thank you and others for the kind and wise words. I've been doing a little digging of my advisor. Which way do you think: increasing or decreasing the data set? :)

Now I will see how it works. I have not killed the old EA - I have just left it for statistics and for "genetic code" in general.

By the way, somebody mentioned about turtles and sharks in one of the threads. They have been swimming for millennia and nothing will do to them. Well, I dare remind you -- all sorts of dinosaurs have been around for thousands of years too.

Maybe my next advisor is from the dinosaur age, huh? I certainly hope so.

И ещё, нарисуйте, то что вы написали; что-то непонятно:

Someone will say, "take the difference MA". OK. Let's say the value is 0.025. So what? Is that a move up or a move down? It's a point.

Someone will add: "take the value on the previous bar." Okay. Let's say the values of 0.027 and 0.025. Is this a move up or a move down? It's a point, and I'll explain why: who's to say whether these values increased or decreased? After all, it could be that the seemingly deceptive downward movement is actually an upward movement, since these values have changed from 0.028 and 0.024?

I will give you three MA difference values: 0.036, 0.027, 0.025. Can you tell me what the movement is?

I was just asking how to get the robot to see the market the way we see it -- i.e. with normal depth of analysis, in order to say that "the three MAs are looking up" -- which, by the way, you see on a story a good hundred bars deep.

P.S. By the way, what is this picture?

alexx_v писал(а) >>

Funny kitten, I think I'll get one of those :)

Funny (and naive) kitten used to be.

Now he's learned how to overcome obstacles. :)

Swetten >> :

One would really like to hope so.

FOXXXi >> :

I mean, there is still hope, which is good, but it won't get you very far if you look at the technical analysis.

FOXXXi >> :

That does not mean that you cannot make money in the financial markets.

The question arises: If not with the help of TA, then with the help of what one can earn on the markets? =)

ps I am not an advocate of TA.

update: Ah, I see the attachment in the other post. >> Basically, yeah. Seems like the right direction for now. Just very time-consuming to master. =(

LeoV писал(а) >>

Price is likely to move where it meets the least resistance.....

Unless it is moved deliberately (by currency intervention).

Although... I guess in that case, too, it moves along the path of least resistance.

Swetten >> :

I will give you three MA difference values: 0.036, 0.027, 0.025. Can you tell me what kind of movement that is?

I was just asking how to get the robot to see the market the way we see it -- i.e. with normal depth of analysis, to say that "the three MAs are looking up" -- which, by the way, you see on a story a good hundred bars deep.

P.S. By the way, what is this picture?

The picture is the Dax index. Taken from one of the websites showing all sorts of indices, purely as an example.

About the numbers - I agree, it could be a decline, or it could be a slowdown in growth. So: look at where the bar close prices are relative to the average. Above is up, below is down.