Building MTS on price chart analysis is UTOPE!!! - page 7

RomanS писал(а) >>

And what does this have to do with FOREX?

No, I'm quite serious...

I think it makes sense too, just haven't figured it out yet :(

I've written before. And the whole Internet is flooded - start http://robotrading.liveforums.ru/viewtopic.php?pid=364#p364.

But Sabluk will tell you more about it.

RomanS >> :

And what does this have to do with FOREX?

it has nothing to do with forex

it has to do with the analysis of a discrete quantized but harmonic signal

kombat >> :

price_current / price_open * 100 - 100 = % (and sign: rise or fall)

and so for all linked pairs, we get de facto two points of what was and what is NOW.

You don't need a supercomputer for these calculations... ;)))

I've already tried to get my idea across to people in the thread, but I haven't heard any comments.

Although the idea is painfully familiar...

sab1uk >> :
Spectrum (lat. spectrum from lat. spectare - to look) in physics is a distribution of values of a physical quantity (usually energy, frequency or mass) and a graphical representation of such a distribution. Usually, spectrum refers to the spectrum of frequencies.

Wow, it turns out I build spectra too! But not frequencies. More precisely, still frequencies, but not in the usual sense of f (or whatever their name is, "omega").

P.S. The distribution of price at a certain time interval - it turns out, it is also a spectrum...

SProgrammer >> :

There is no spectrum in our Taimseries. Or rather, there is, but it is no more useful than a game of roulette. I mean zero. Do not waste your time. Although useful to study - with some simplification it will take a couple of months. Not for long.

From those references to the use of spectrum analysis in Forex that I have encountered, not a single reasonable way of using it has been described.

Starting with Kravchuk, who just talks nonsense and does not understand what he is doing.

And ending with Yechler, who appears to understand perfectly well what he is doing, but doesn't finish.

And the way he binds it to the "classic" indicators is a science nonsense for suckers who won't be able to use it anyway.

So, there is much more to study.

Mathemat >> :

Wow, it turns out I build spectra too! But not frequencies. More precisely, still frequencies, but not in the usual sense of f (or whatever it is called, "omega").

So at least someone will write comments to my thread above???

Mathemat, explain the subject mathematically...If 2 shooters shoot at a target with 50/50 probability, what is the probability that they both hit?

it would be 0.5*0.5=0.25 i.e.

okay... got it, question answered..... :)

though no, the question is not off the table!

Let's assume that MTS has a profitability of 2.0 and it has a signal to buy EURUSD and in the same way, there is a signal to buy USDJPY.

I.e. it is quite logical to determine the purchase of EURJPY.

But the question is...

is it worth trusting this approach?

Mathemat, is it worth thinking about this topic, or is it still the same 50/50?

I don't know, RomanS. The main thing here is not profitability, I guess. Basically, if we assume that signals for these two pairs are independent and probability of misses for each pair is 33%, then it turns out that probability of a strong miss on their product (i.e. EURJPY) is small, 0.33^2 = 11%. The remaining 89% is either an exact hit or, roughly speaking, an approximate breakeven.

In fact, we have to calculate expected payoff, which is a lot of fuss.