Building MTS on price chart analysis is UTOPE!!! - page 4

rid >> :

You can build a pretty good trading system on a study of all the yen-dollar-pound charts.

I already tried to outline my approach in my thread .But I didn't get any feedback. And it's a closed system... as much water as has flowed in... What do you think about it?

SProgrammer >> :

By the way, the robotrading site is alive. Haven't checked it out in a while.

http://robotrading.liveforums.ru/

I wrote there about all sorts of spectral analyses. And about how it doesn't really work.

By the way, thanks for the website. I found some interesting links there. And it doesn't work because it's not used correctly. What you get is an "average hospital temperature".

nav_soft >> :

Did you try the USDX index? is calculated according to the formula: USDX = 50.14348112 × EURUSD-0.576 × USDJPY-0.136 × GBPUSD-0.119 × USDCAD-0.091 × USDSEK-0.042 × USDCHF-0.036

it is simpler and more correct, but some other index is needed, because this one indicates the weight of the USD. the second one is usually taken to estimate the weight of a paired currency.

Where do these constants come from? And who came up with this index anyway? Shouldn't we make up our own?

sab1uk писал(а) >>

If the young people absorb at least some of what you've said during your visits to the forum, they'll forget why they came here and what they wanted to know.

SProgrammer wrote :>>

By the way, robotrading is a live site. Haven't checked it in a while.

http://robotrading.liveforums.ru/

I wrote there about spectral analysis. And how it doesn't really work.

and I'm saying it's basic.

Just because someone doesn't know where to stick their dirty pussy doesn't mean the pussy doesn't work.

LeoV wrote >>

AdnAt ....))))

Yes. Sabluk, you claim? :)

Well let's talk to you about spectrum.

What seems to be the best method of getting a spectrum? For a price time series?

RomanS >> :

Where do these constants come from? And who came up with this index anyway? Shouldn't we make up our own?

this index is 100 years old, dating back to 1973

in that many years the trade turnover between the usa and other countries has changed a hundred times

If you apply it then maybe you should trade in a basket

The New York Chamber of Commerce Dollar Index (NYBOT). The index takes into account the exchange rates against the currencies of the countries which form the basis of US international trade.

SProgrammer >> :

Yes. Sabluk, are you saying? :)

Let's talk about the spectrum.

Which method of getting a spectrum do you think is best? For a price time series?

Is there any point in discussing which method is better?

It's more important to know what to do with the results

sab1uk писал(а) >>

Is there any point in discussing which method is better?

It is more important to know what to do with the results

Yes, if you use a method that doesn't give the right results, then presumably the result will be the same? No?

So, in other words, you're saying that even wrong spectrum data based on the wrong method can be used in some special way to get good results?

That's an assertion that deserves a special award.

So it turns out that which method doesn't matter?

SProgrammer >> :

Yes, if you use a method that doesn't produce the right results, then presumably the result will be the same? No?

So, in other words, you're saying that even wrong spectrum data based on the wrong method can be used in some special way to get good results?

That's an assertion that deserves a special award.

So it turns out that which method doesn't matter?

Junko manages to get a smeared spectrum out of his mash-ups and he's not complaining about life.

sab1uk писал(а) >>

Junko manages to get smeared spectrum out of the mash-ups and doesn't complain about his life.

Is that an answer to the fact that the method doesn't matter?

Yeah, I guess that's what it's supposed to mean - all methods are correct. And one of the correct ones is "smeared out of mashups"?

How do you get it out of a wiffle ball? Or is that a spectrum extraction method?

How do you get a spectrum for TS? I hope this is not at all a difficult task for Mr. Critic? As exactly which way to use it he knows perfectly well judging by the - hmm... as you put it - "just because someone doesn't know where to stick his dirty pussy doesn't mean the pussy doesn't work". So he knows where to stick it.

Now let's see if we know where to stick it.

I told you the method is secondary in importance.

I didn't mean that the methods are of equal quality