"Trees don't grow to the sky" - page 2

I have the same thing at one of MTS, the system catches long trends of 400 pips and more. I decided to try to increase MM by multiplier steps as deposit grows up to certain amount, it starts stomping when I go to next step, so false entries cancel lot increase back and finally this stomping takes place. The funny thing is that without such MM even if you start with 1000 BZD or 10000 there is practically no difference; in both cases profit for a certain period is the same. I am not very good at trading mathematics yet and I don't understand anything.

LeoV >> :

But then how do you determine where the ceiling is?

If the situation is the same as mine then probably withdraw the money when you start to drain to the amount at which you started, or need another, more clever MM

LeoV >> :

Do you think it's possible to have crazy and endless equity growth like 100-1000-10000% per month?

I suppose such figures are possible in manual trading for a long time, but the deposit will periodically return to the previous level with a slight increase due to the high risk level which will not allow keeping the lot at that level in case of large amount of negative trades.

Dimoncheg >> :

If the situation is the same as mine, then probably withdraw the money when you start draining to the amount you started with...

>> bingo! :)

LeoV >> Do you think it is possible to have a crazy and infinite equity growth of 100-1000-10000% per month?

No.

Is it possible to go from $100 or $1000 to tens of millions or is it a dream?

It is possible .

Are there any TPs that have been making insane amounts of money all the time?

Profits in the millions per month - definitely yes. Above that, I don't know.

It is clear that sometimes there are good luck, but is it possible to do it on a permanent basis?

Yes.

mql4com писал(а) >>

No.

Maybe

Profits in the millions a month - definitely yes. Above that, I don't know.

Yes.

Is there any real evidence to back up your claims? Or do we have to take your word for it?

LeoV >> :

Is there any real evidence to back up your claims? Or do we have to take your word for it?

How do you envisage these confirmations?

I know only one working way to make profits on a regular basis (as the risk is minimal) - high-frequency trading (HFT. Usually at news time) between ECN venues. This is a permanent income. For this you need decent funds, excellent technical capabilities and a staff of programmers. For example, in Russia the algorithmic trading department of OTP Bank deals with this.

LeoV >> :

Why take your word for it? Larry Williams is in the championship on real accounts. From 10K to 1M in one year. The details are in his book, the record is officially registered at the time.

>> Good luck.

I also recently thought that infinite equity growth was theoretically impossible, even if the predictive ability of the trading system allows predicting the market 90% of the time.

However, after reading Feller, I realized I was wrong. Quote:

When playing with an infinitely rich opponent, the probability of ruin is one if q > p, and equal to (q/p)^z if q < p. In the second case it makes no sense to talk about the average duration of the game, because with positive probability the game may not end at all.

That is, having a positive mathematical expectation of the deal it is theoretically possible to play indefinitely.