MetaTrader does not reflect reality ! How can I fight this ? - page 5

Good afternoon!

I'm keeping the combat experts at 220 for now...

---

haven't seen any problems with 221 (but it's not actively used)

jartmailru 1

FireaWall there are several from home router to ISP - also a wall

i.e. i'm behind 3 walls

everything is working

Skymaster >> :

Are you so naive as to think that everyone has ZoneAlarm? I don't, and 99% of people don't.

I recommend re-reading my post. I am talking about how to reproduce the problem.

Skymaster:

If you don't understand why to reproduce the problem, I give you permission not to install ZoneAlarm yourself

(I think the tone of my remark is an appropriate response to your remark, although you're probably just not a software developer).

If a bug in a software product can't be reproduced, it can't be fixed.

Therefore phrases like "my metatrader is down" are nothing to support.

Either you give the exact recipe on how to drop the software - or your message is meaningless.

And from the developer's point of view, it is often necessary for a program to crash in order to start working

The developer, from the developer's point of view, often needs the program to crash before it becomes a one-time problem (otherwise the problem will be given a low priority).

>> and the developer only does it if he has nothing better to do).

YuraZ:

everything works for me too. I drew a hint to the developers.

So they don't have to bother with the logs - you can't catch the problem in the logs.

-star- писал(а) >>

In my terminal, when I freeze, it shows that there is a connection but no price change. We restart it and everything restores. If I do not set TP and SL in an open position, the EA will not work and therefore I may lose my deposit.

Stops will be triggered anyway. It does not depend on us. It's not up to us (if we did it, of course).

infinum13 >> :

Stops are going to work anyway. It's not up to us. (If we have time to set them, of course).

If the Expert Advisor works only with tr and with sl without trawls! If not, then we have to think whether we can trust the terminal with big money on the real account, unless of course we monitor trading day and night!

-star- >> :

If the EA only works with tr and with sl without trawls! If not, then you have to think whether you can trust the terminal with big money on the real account, unless of course you monitor trading around the clock!

If you do not have an opportunity to trade with a terminal, you should think carefully. Moreover, in every working Expert Advisor, I embed a function to monitor its own state. In addition, a separate service monitors the EA, which sends me a message and makes a call if something goes wrong, and I'm not there.

sol >> :

The new builds, which have not passed through fire, water and brass pipes on your systems, should not be trusted with big money. Moreover, in each working Expert Advisor, I embed a function to monitor its own status. In addition, a separate service monitors the EA, which sends me a message and makes a call if something goes wrong, and I'm not there.

How can it work if there are no ticks and therefore the EA and all the functions are idle? It's only possible with an external program, but where can I get it?

-star- >> :

How can the control work if there are no ticks and hence the EA and all functions are inactive? It is possible with an external program, but where to get it?

Write.

sol писал(а) >>

Write it.

and maybe ask you!?) then pass it to the metatrader's programmers, they will get acquainted with it and implement the ideas in the new build!

and everyone will be happy!)

or just give help to all interested!)

stro how's it going on this problem!?

sol писал(а) >>

Write.

you need to make one for yourself. As an option: periodically write in .txt file [time] - "I am OK", and read time of last reaction of Expert Advisor by external program, also periodically. Or you have a more elegant and easy variant? Maybe you will share?

Globe >> :

you need to make one for yourself. Alternatively: periodically write in .txt file [time] - "I'm OK", and read time of last response by Expert Advisor in external program, also periodically. Or you have a more elegant and easy variant? Maybe you will share?

I have a similar variant using a socket server. The EA periodically sends a message to the server that it is OK and asks if it needs anything done. If I do not receive a message from the EA for a long time, the socket server restarts the terminal and informs me about the error. I want to point out that we have more than one socket server and terminal and all this is not on the same computer to increase the reliability.

Reason: