Poll : Closed club of expert writers - who's in favour? - page 16

C-4 >> :

Simply sharing experiences on defending EAs and monitoring grey sites together will not work. Anyway, lovers of freebies will have an advantage, because for every shield there is a sword.

Exactly ! But the hack can make it harder :)

four2one >> :

Now let's laugh together.

Let's say we have a code (advisor) that earns well over 5% per day.

At a simple interest rate of 100% per month and 1200% per year. Having 1,000 coons at the end of the year will be 12,000 coons.

For compound interest, 265% per month and 11993600% per year.

For complex prs, even 1% per day = 1200% per year.

Now who sells EAs?

You, comrade, don't load up on the maths. You'd better show a report of such a missile from the real world, then we can continue this conversation. Especially since these figures do not take into account one important point...

I will answer once again to the question "why sell EAs" - to make a profit with zero risk.

C-4 >> :

1. Latency is VERY high - only large TFs will do.

2. server hoster - will "get" access to the code.

3. there has to be ABSOLUTE communication with the code on the server, no one guarantees it.

4. if you want, a third party to break the hoster like ....

TheXpert >> :

You, comrade, don't load up on the maths. You'd better show a report of such a missile from the real world, then we can continue this conversation. Especially as these figures do not take into account one important point...

I'll answer once again to the question 'why sell EAs' - to make profit with zero risk.

I say take the EA from here https://championship.mql4.com/2008/ru/users/TheXpert, put the plugs in, and sell it as the WORST expert even for 100 coons.

Clients do the tests!!!

That's zero risk. Onward and upward.

P.S.

And so: all "protection", protection from the customer, so he doesn't realise - what was slipped to him.

four2one >> :

That's zero risk. Go ahead and sing along.

Well, that's a question of decency. I am speaking from my position, from the position of the coder, the author.

Yes, if I have a thoroughly tested Expert Advisor, I will sell it.

But the information will be comprehensive.

-realtime report

-report from the tester on the whole history

-recommended settings and tools.

For my part --

- it will be a subscription for time, i.e. essentially an automatic signal advisor with hidden signals. No idea, no open source codes.

- I will not be selling on pay.ru in any way

- I will not start selling until I have a decent protection for my code.

ZZZH Don't make everyone the same.

>> >> everyone gets the treatment they deserve.

four2one >> :

1. are there any hungry mathematicians writing in mql?

2. >> Again, would ANYONE SELL an EXPERT WHO BELIEVES PROFIT and has an idea of interest?

1. Well, yes, there are, but not so hungry, but still those who want to improve their financial stability - so that there is enough to eat not only bread with butter, but also, say, some caviar :)

2. an expert who makes a stable and sufficient profit is unlikely, to be honest. Even if quite hungry. The only doubtful exception is if you don't have enough money for start-up capital. Even here there is a big doubt: a person who knows about compound interest must clearly understand that the difference between $1000 and $100 as an initial capital is quite conditional, though formally it is tenfold. The time it takes to build up these capitals to some given amount ($10000) differs not tenfold at all, but only by some delta.

Mathemat >> :

1. Well, yes, there are some who are not that hungry, but still want to increase their financial stability - so that they have enough to eat not only bread and butter, but also, let's say, caviar :)

2. an expert who makes a stable and sufficient profit is unlikely, to be honest. Even if quite hungry. The only doubtful exception is if you don't have enough money for start-up capital. Even here there are doubts: a person who has a notion of compound interest must clearly understand that the difference between $1000 and $100 as an initial capital is quite conditional, though formally it is tenfold. The time it takes to build up these capitals to some given amount ($10000) differs not tenfold at all, but only by some delta.

1. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL SAID ABOVE!

2. But, mind you, not everyone is acquainted with interests, that's why they sell (sell) their BETTER PROFITABILITY Expert Advisors. 3.

3. there's one here who says: "I have all sorts of profitable EAs, but I'm looking for an investor". But he is afraid to become an "investor" himself and buys a car (he created a whole flood thread to do this).

So it turns out: selling an EA is "zero risk".

TheXpert >> :

Well, that's a question of decency. I am speaking from my own position, from the position of the coder - the author.

Yes, if I have a thoroughly tested EA, I will sell it.

It's a different case with you: you have a different reputation here, not some soapy and vague one at all. God be with you, sell, of course. And your approach to selling and protecting your code is reasonable.

Nevertheless, I have a sneering question to you: would you be able to sell exactly the same version and with the same settings with which you earned your bread and caviar in real life? Or will you keep it for yourself only, and offer something pretty decent for sale, but still at least a little "worked off" ("for bread and butter")?

Mathemat >> :

It's a different case with you: you have a different reputation here, not some soapy and foggy one at all. God be with you, sell, of course. And your approach to selling and protecting your code is quite reasonable.

Nevertheless, I have a sneering question to you: would you be able to sell exactly the same version and with the same settings with which you earned your bread and caviar in real life? Or will you keep it only for yourself and offer something pretty decent, but still a bit "worked off" ("on your bread and butter")?

If you can make a proper defence, it's the "caviar-bread" one.

Если получится сделать нормальную защиту, то именно "икро-хлебный".

Well, then you're a saint. But you're taking a big risk. How long do you expect to take to make a decent defence?