Who wants a strategy? Lots and for free) - page 66

You can try the new Forex Strategy Trader (see the previous page). It loads the strategies made with FSB and trades them with Meta Trader.

Miroslav_Popov писал(а) >>
You can try the new Forex Strategy Trader (see the previous page). It loads the strategies made with FSB and trades them with Meta Trader.

How about running multiple copies of FST and using multiple strategies at once to diversify risk)? Apart from using multiple computers or VMs nothing comes to mind....

А как бы запустить несколько копий FST и использовать сразу несколько стратегий для диверсификации рисков?

The newest version of Forex Strategy Trader v0.8 is able to run on multiple charts. It works by setting of unique ID numbers to the program and the Expert. This option is not switched on by default.

Connection_ID - the ID is an Integer between 0 and 1000. It serves for identification of the expert when there are several experts started on different charts. Each of them has to be started with unique ID number. The same ID number has to be set in different running copy of FST.

How it works:

1. Start the expert with unique Connection_ID number. Let's say 11.

2. Allow multiple working copies of FST from Tools menu.

3. Set the same ID as in the expert.

4. You are connected

New features in Forex Strategy Trader v0.8.0.0:

- Controlling multiple positions.
- Ability to work on different charts simultaneously.
- Error check of the trading operations.
- Separation of it's positions by a magic number.
- Late setting of SL and TP for some brokers like FXCM.
- Many other fixes in the expert advisor.

Direct download link

From USA or from Europe

Hello,
This FSB beta release has several new interesting features:

* Importing historical data files from JForex;
* Tick back testing;
* Optimizer exports optimization report;
* Analyzer - over-optimization report.

Also:
* Fixed bug with Pivot Points indicator;

Download link: FSB v2.57.11.0 Beta

Importing historical data files from JForex

JForex is a DukasCopy platform. It can easily load and save quality historical data including tick data.

PROMTtranslation:

Hi,
This beta version of FSB has some new interesting features:

* Import of historical data files from JForex;
* Backtesting checkbox;
* Optimiser exports an optimiser report;
* Analyzer - over-optimisation report.

Also:
* Fixed bug with Pivot Points indicator;

Download link: FSB v2.57.11.0 Beta.

Import of historical data files from JForex

JForex is a DukasCopy platform. It can easily download and save quality historical data including tick data.

1. Make folder for Dukas data.
2. Download and save all the time periods you require. (To use the backtester tick data, you need the corresponding panel data as well.)
3) Import the data files into your FSB Data Folder by using the Market->Import JForex Data Files tool from the FSB main menu. This tool will convert and save the Dukas data to the FSB data folder, overwriting the old data files.

Tick backtesting

Once the tick data is converted from FSB, you can allow tick backtesting from the Scanner tool. FSB will only use them to calculate the route of the data in the panel. Indicators and signals will be calculated using the relevant panel data as before. The backtester checkbox will replace the panel interpolation where backtester data is available. This will reduce the number of ambiguous panels during the test.

Optimizer Exports Optimization Report

The Optimizer exports a detailed report after each optimization works.

How to use this:
- You need to enable this from Tools-> menu Additional.
- After creating or generating a strategy, save this under some name. Allows you to say Strategy.xml.
- Every time you run the Optimizer, this will write the report file in.CSV format. The report file will be named as strategy + "-report-N.csv". Where "N" is the number of the report. In our case, I run the optimiser 3 times and got 3 reports: Best Strategy-report-1.csv, Best Strategy-report-2.csv...
- You can open the report with MS Excel or OO Calc. Whichever you choose, you must select the Column Separator tab.

Over-optimization Report

In that version, I present the beginning of the Analyse strategy.
This is the target, will have to evaluate the strategy and decide if it is ready to trade or not.

The current stage of the Analyst can prepare and export an over-optimisation report.
The analyser changes each numerical parameter of the indicators within a predefined range and reports the main statistical parameters. The report is in csv format, which are easy to read in Open Office Calc or MS Excel. The best thing is that the report has a fixed structure, so we can prepare a certain superior spreadsheet or charts for further analysis.

I thought it was dead, but then I looked and saw that it was still alive and growing. I didn't even recognise it at first). Still fun and relaxed generates something. No one tried lately? I think I'll have some fun tomorrow, check the price of her "generators".

Figar0:

I thought it was dead, but then I looked and saw that it was still alive and growing. I didn't even recognise it at first). Still fun and relaxed generates something. No one tried lately? I think I'll have some fun tomorrow, check the price of her "generators".

Yes, the developer has already added an optimizable Stop Loss / BreakEven / Take Profit to FSB.
Soon it will be possible to optimise MA (and others) with periods >200.