Interesting article - page 3

1.e. A shark can move the market ( F.R. for example...)

2.e. Sharks have higher asset diversification. Chalk is in the paper and only in 1-2. A shark might have 30-50.

3.e. They are not screwed by some DTs. :)

Mathemat >> :

Well, it's not about the development of autotrading, it's about finding the keys to the real patterns of the market - and at the same time learning to justify that these are statistically significant patterns and not frequency fluctuations.

I'm afraid we won't be able to compete with those teams that have "great opportunities"... I have a depressing picture...

>> in fact we can't compete with anything except "mobility"...

Don't be pessimistic!

You what? If you think like that forever, then what is the point of it all ...

Some people's "rays of light in the darkness" show up quicker than others.

It just shows that you can do it, but you need skilled training... maths... and some people sit here and try to make a profit with a wand... (it's mostly people who are new here after the "DT Trading Training") :)

Well, yes, of course, the picture is bleak. What percentage of traders on this forum are systematically and consciously using statistics in their daily work and more or less accurately imagining possible system drawdowns in the future?

Vinsent_Vega >> :

but articles like this make me rather sad... Who are we working against, colleagues?... against people who have the best mathematicians armed with supercomputers that take up half the football field... ...and we're trying to outrun them with our "pisukes", with "incomplete higher education"...?

"To the madness of the brave, we sing a song..." :)

What makes you think we are working against them?

rsi >> :

What makes you think we are working against them?

Well, we're working against them, too... >> isn't it?

I agree that with our volumes, we have no influence on the market. But we also do not antagonise anyone (as long as each of us acts independently). So they are not our rivals.

They work against us, we work against them. It's the market. Who has who... They have more opportunities, including means (forces)... This is to the question of who should have more brains. You can only outplay them by having an individual mind above their collective one.

Vinsent_Vega >> :

and against them as well... >> right?

Against them as much as against the weather by buying/selling weather futures. :)

Re-play is possible in a two-way game - I don't see it here. The bishop won't notice that the mosquito has made a move against him.