An advisor that is not afraid of a margin call. Who would like to try it out?

I built a multi-currency EA out of purely theoretical interest. I did not even suspect that it would not behave exactly as it was supposed to in theory. Because it acts incorrectly, i.e. it sells when the price is falling and closes short (i.e. buys) when the price is rising. As a result, it negatively affects the balance, i.e. it decreases very quickly. On the other hand, equity is surprisingly well-positioned, even in the flat.

The deposit must be about $10000 or more (at least $100 on cent accounts). The Expert Advisor does not support microlots, i.e. positions of less than 0.1 lot.

To install an Expert Advisor, three pairs must be present in Market Watch: USDCAD, USDCHF and USDJPY. Open any chart (which one it is, makes no difference), set time frame M1 and put the Expert Advisor on it (advisor on the account should be the only one). And that is all. Optimization is not needed, because there are no input parameters.

All this EA does is to keep MarginLevel at 133.33%. Therefore, the Margin Level is not critical for this EA because the Margin Level can never be higher than 100%.

That is all there is to it. If one is lucky and the trend goes in the right direction, i.e. the USD begins to lose positions, one can quickly increase the deposit. If unlucky, it will take a long time to drain this very deposit.

Files:

Yura. But with that logic, the EA shouldn't work. I am just curious. I will put it on a demo tomorrow.

Reshetov >> :

After all, he acts wrongly, i.e. he sells when the price goes down and closes short (i.e. he buys) when the price goes up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a strange statement. Isn't it natural to sell when the price goes down and buy when the price goes up ?

I almost forgot. In fact, it is not possible to check the EA in the tester because of multicurrency, so if you want to see the results, the account parameters:

Server: Alpari-Demo

Login: 1036148

Investor password: mt3bmid

Reshetov писал(а) >>

I almost forgot. In fact, in the Strategy Tester we will not be able to check the EA due to multicurrency, so if you want to see the results, check the parameters of your account:

Server: Alpari-Demo

Login: 1036148

Investor's password: mt3bmid

I wanted to transfer the logics to my Expert Advisor, to make a variant for the Strategy Tester and see the results.

Sart_repair писал(а) >>

That's a strange statement. Isn't it natural to sell when the price goes down and buy when the price goes up?

Normal speculators usually buy cheap and try to sell for more. Otherwise it is at a loss.

I have placed the Expert Advisor on a test account only to check how long it will take to lose the deposit. But it is a completely abnormal, and instead of losing on theory, it is building up equity.

Reshetov >> :

Normal speculators usually buy cheap and try to sell for more.

>> yeah, that's right. That's why they dump...

Sart_repair писал(а) >>

Reshetov >>:

Normal speculators usually buy cheap and try to sell for more.

Yes, that's right. That's why they lose.

If you trade no more than one position in an account, you should follow the speculative logic, i.e. sell for more than you bought. Otherwise the closing price of the position will be closer to the stop loss than to the profit relative to the opening price.

That's the theory. But if there is more than one position in the account, then hypothetically the speculative theory becomes not quite adequate or quite inadequate. But it is only a hypothesis so far. It is difficult to justify it. I myself am still confused as to why this is the case.

Reshetov wrote(a)

All this EA does is to keep MarginLevel at the level of 133.33%. Therefore, it is not afraid of margin call, because margin call level cannot exceed 100%.

I put 200% for real. It's more peaceful, you know... :)

About the idea - interesting idea, I will certainly try it.

Reshetov >> :

If you do not trade more than one position in an account, you have to stick to speculative logic, i.e. sell for more than you bought. Otherwise the closing price of the position will be closer to the stop loss than to the profit relative to the opening price.

This is the theory. But if the poses on the account are more than one, then hypothetically the speculative theory becomes not quite adequate or completely inadequate. But it is only a hypothesis so far. It is difficult to justify it. I myself am still confused, why it happens.

I would advise the Expert Advisor mentioned here to change its tactics since it is so stable:

- when it detects a signal to open, remember that signal, wait for a pullback (USDCAD, USDCHF and USDJPY - in the current market 200-300 pips on these instruments)

and then only implement this signal.

I'll make a test EA tomorrow. It cannot work with this logic. It should not.