Renting a server for an EA - page 5

Dr0n >> :

I'm not going to prove anything to anyone. Everyone chooses for themselves.

No one here is proving anything to anyone - don't confuse discussion with judgement. No one is infringing on freedom of choice.

Dr0n >> :

But there is no need to make unfounded assumptions as a disadvantage.

Not just reasoned, but proven by practice. If you have experience with a different result - good for you (sincerely).

Dr0n >> :

The light is out - there is an IPB, what do you need to check - dunno. If you have your hands from the right place, there will be no problem.

Is it difficult for you to set automatic switch-off of the reserve channel? - Choose your hosting.

In the area where I grow up, the UPS needs a cubic meter, and that's certainly my problem. If it's possible to make a servant room with redundancy of everything and everything, as well as category 1 power supply - yay, what's there to discuss.

And about experience and changing the place of a stranger's hand is immodest...

scorpionk >> :

there is a way around this problem too

Oops can shut down the computer in the case of shutdown and then turn it on again, and when you turn it on, the system can automatically start the programs you need

And you'll have to watch your computer

there is no way you can host a robot and go only to withdraw money

It's not about the last phrase highlighted, it's about if your home PC server has a crumbling disk or a failed mum, the wind,

You can't run a robot on your computer, you just have to withdraw money from it.

a VPS is more reliable.

muallch >> :

No one here is proving anything to anyone - don't confuse discussion with judgement. And no one is infringing on freedom of choice.

Not just reasoned, but proven by practice. If you have experience with a different result - good for you (sincerely).

In the area where I grow up, the UPS needs a cubic metre, and that, of course, is my problem. If it's possible to make a servant room with redundancy of anything and everything, as well as category 1 power supply - yay, what's there to discuss.

And about experience and changing the place of a stranger's hands - immodest...

+1

Unfortunately, not everyone is able to understand the possible problems of others.

Hence the disagreement in approaches and methods.

You might as well not trust the https protocol, your internet service provider, your mother/wife cleaning the room and turning off all your stuff to wipe the dust, a playful dog and rats chewing on wires, rabbits also like it, cockroaches crawling from neighbours to get warm, a neighbour plugging in a welding socket - there are also amazing effects, etc. The number of these things at home is much higher than in a specially organised control room.

TedBeer >> :
You might as well not trust the https protocol, your internet provider, your mum/wife cleaning the room and turning off all your stuff to wipe the dust, a playful dog and rats chewing on wires, rabbits like it too, cockroaches crawling from neighbours to get warm, a neighbour plugging a welding socket - you can get amazing effects too, etc. The number of such things in your home is much greater than in specially organised control room.

+5!

Plus, sometimes you have to be away from your electronic stuff for longer than a weekend. So you can't help your server which stalled for the most incredible reason - you just can't wait till it burns down along with comparable expensive flat. But you can tear down a backup host from anywhere in a minute if a meteorite falls on the first one... One can at least rest easy on the Can... um... Valday with a shotgun. ;)

I don't think the discussion is about anything

An interesting idea has come up for fans of "homebrewing". I take the simple situation, when you have one Expert Advisor and it is autonomous (it doesn't depend on DDE, temp files, main variables for communication with other EAs, etc.). What if you run 2 identical EAs on different computers ("primary" and "secondary"), which are located in absolutely different places (at home and at mother-in-law's house:). In the "spare" EA in the start() prescribe http appeal to the web server installed on the main one - if it responds, then return. That is, one failed and the other picked up. Or banal ping, if there is a public IP on the main one, you can even invent a file somewhere in the network with intermediate values, so, if necessary, the spare took them... There's a lot of twists and turns ... but I think a VPS is better.

goldtrader писал(а) >>

if your home PC server has a crumbling disk or a failed mum, the windup,

remote access and configured auto-reboot won't save the day.

A VPS is more reliable.

With such conclusions you implicitly mention that VPS doesn't fail, crashes and other things. And it's not correct.

Dr0n >> :

By such conclusions, you are implicitly silencing the fact that VPS does not crash or fail or anything like that. And that's incorrect.

To some extent it is true. But for a server similar to the reliability of a VPS, a comparable outlay of money is needed. Equipped room with air conditioning, racks with main and standby servers (not PCs, mind you!), multiple redundancy and auto-triggering. Few people who are going to trade "on the machine" will go for it. Besides, one has to earn money for the "magic room" somewhere first. I do not generalize, not for everyone !). The rest have to take out a loan...

muallch писал(а) >>

To a certain extent, this is true. But for a servo-base similar to VPS reliability, a comparable outlay is needed. Equipped room with air conditioning, racks with main and backup servers (not PCs, mind you!), multiple redundancy and auto-switching/startup facilities. Few people who are going to trade "on the machine" will go for it. Besides, one has to earn money for the "magic room" somewhere first. I do not generalize, not for everyone !). But for the rest - should they take a loan or what...

Bullshit, I've had a computer at home for over a year now, and nothing happens without all the air conditioning, redundancy and other bullshit

I think you're overreacting.