Renting a server for an EA - page 2

skdon писал(а) >>

What are the details?

Have there been any uncharacteristic errors/concerns with the EA/advisors during this time?

Were there a lot of connection interruptions? How long were they?

Does the work of Expert Advisor on the virtual server correspond to the period in the Strategy Tester?

Thank you all very much! I used to run it at home, but it's inconveniently loud and I always carry my laptop with me, and the traffic is limited, so I'll use your tips, thanks!

skdon >> :

http://www.inetcorp.ru/

There is no technical support, of course. But it works fine. I have been using it for three months now. I have had a couple of reboots in the meantime. But it's cheap and easy.

Tell me please, what exactly did you order there, what's the plan? How do you install MetaTrader afterwards?

napalc >> :

Please tell me, what exactly did you order there, what is the price plan? How do you then install MetaTrader there?

I can suggest you to read article 'Practical usage of Virtual Private Server (VPS) for autotrading'.

WWer >> :

I suggest reading the article 'Practical Use of Virtual Private Server (VPS) for Autotrading'.

Thank you!

napalc >> :

Tell me please, what exactly did you order there, what tariff plan? How do you install MetaTrader?

This one: http://www.inetcorp.ru/vps-windows.php i.e. virtual?

You connect to virtual desktop and work as in usual computer. It is possible to connect your local disks and use them remotely. In other words, everything looks exactly the same as on a normal computer. Accordingly, the installation of software...

mamma >> :

Why? Do you think that in some Montana, where in a fridge hundreds of servers of different clients bring the company a lot of money, someone will be interested to hack and steal your obscure things? Or they have lower reliability than in the kitchen under the table :)? They have everything duplicated, ups'es the size of the room, diesel power generators...
not to mention the laptop...

it's not about the fridge, sorry plz, it's about the fact that any host admin has unlimited access, both to your EA and to your account...... :((( - has nothing to do with the reliability of technology :))

Your terminal and desktop is just a running application (like windows) for it (host admin) and there are a lot of ways to connect to it... That's the question for developers: Maybe you should introduce in terminal the button "block" in operating mode - at least something, but protection ..... :)

rider >> :

it's not about the fridge, sorry plz, it's about the fact that any host admin has unlimited access, both to your EA and to your account...... :((( - has nothing to do with the reliability of the tech :))

Your terminal and desktop are just a running application (similar to Windows) and there are a lot of ways to get hooked up to it... So the developers have a question: Maybe there should be a "block" button in the terminal in working mode - at least some kind of protection ..... :)

I am a newbie in this business. But even I know that EA can and should be set not in its original form, but in compiled 1x4 format with limits - where you can't change input parameters, code and impossible to use this EA on other accounts, in other words, to attach the EA to this trading account... Of course, if the server admin is a programmer himself and is very interested in your EA, he can decompile your Expert Advisor and remove all restrictions. (which is unlikely, just because your EA is not worth a penny (I'm 99.99% sure), it seems to you that you have found the golden key to forex)

webmanat >> :

I'm new at this... But even I know that EA can and should be set not in its original form, but in compiled ex4 format with limits - where it is impossible to change input parameters, code and impossible to use this EA on other accounts, in other words, to attach it to this trading account ... Of course, if the server administrator himself is an MGL programmer and is very interested in your EA, he can decompile your Expert Advisor and remove all restrictions. (which is unlikely, just because your expert is not worth a penny (I'm 99.99% sure), it seems to you that you have found the golden key to forex)

it seems that we speak different languages..... I launch my experts from different computers and ipi and have full access to each of them, as long as it is launched by me, and hence to the account ...... that is what we are talking about...... compile or not compile, anyway - it is not about code purity and its compilation that we are talking about.....

The thing is, our terminal can't be run as a "service" yet.... one person has promised me to write such a script to.....

Thank you all very much!