[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 734

drknn:

How about having the Wingdings font that artmedia70 rightly mentioned?

Besides, why do you need Vista? It's raw and so is seven. You could install XP and forget about the problems...

Yeah, it was my laptop that had Vista as default, I got used to it somehow. But I've been thinking about replacing it for a few days now. And about that font, I really don't know where to look for it or what to do with it?

trader265:
Yes, it was my laptop that had Vista from the factory, I got used to it somehow. But I've been thinking about replacing the system for a few days now. And about that font, I really don't know where to look for it or what to do with it?

I'll give you a hand. It's not a problem at all. Just you wait.

trader265:
where to look

C:\Windows\Fonts

Abzasc:
For Vista it's unambiguous, although it can also be 'cooked right', but for 7 why such a statement? How many people I know who have switched to it, no one is complaining, all enthusiasm... I just can't get the hang of it myself.

Ixpycha's developer has been fine-tuning it for years. Seven hasn't even had a chance to get the hang of it yet. Can you tell the difference?

drknn:

Ixpycha has been developed by a developer for years. Seven hasn't even had time to be sharpened yet. Can you feel the difference?

Nah, that's a weak argument. I've had XP since 2000-2001, I don't remember, and I haven't seen any problems. Same NT200 with 4 service packs, only the shell is different.

And cherry 7 was developed on vista by softy, voluntarily-forced :)

trader265:

Anyway, here's the archive - http://depositfiles.com/files/j7f1ylirh - it has a nice selection of nice fonts and two good font managers. Download, install one of the managers and try to use it to put the font you want in the system (Wingdings is there - I took it out separately). If you don't understand how to work with the font manager, install another font manager. With one of them, you're sure to get a handle on - one of these managers has the Russian language that's for sure. The second may have too - I don't remember. Archive size = 44 megabytes

Or control panel - fonts, then file - install, the same should be in vista.

Or just put it in the fonts folder.

drknn:

archive
Are there any fonts with icons in there? Maybe I need one too :)

drknn:

Anyway, here's the archive - http://depositfiles.com/files/j7f1ylirh - it has a nice selection of nice fonts and two good font managers. Download, install one of the managers and try to use it to put the font you want in the system (Wingdings is there - I took it out separately). If you don't understand how to work with the font manager, install another font manager. With one of them, you're sure to get a handle on - one of these managers has the Russian language that's for sure. The second may have too - I don't remember. Archive size = 44 megabytes.
Here I was looking at it on my Windows. When I opened the font file, there is such a thing : http://s61.radikal.ru/i171/1007/a6/5000de65688e.gif

Abzasc:
Are there any fonts with icons? Maybe I need one too :)

Which fonts are we talking about? There are 128 fonts in the set + a separate Wingdings - it has all the icons the terminal needs.