[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1053

Hi-Lo 5 minutes is correct, but 10 minutes just doesn't exist so I thought low and high everywhere.

about 144 10 minutes - you still have to count 10 minutes starting at --:-5. and not just 10 minutes.

and then go on with your reasoning...

You have two blocks - in the first you calculate your minimax - in the second you enter data into arrays...

Write down the steps... - with your hands...

main loop - start()

you get the date time (five minutes) OHLC

и...

1 block

2 block

end strart

should I make an array for each range period within a day? that's hundreds, over a thousand arrays)

Just 5 minutes alone is 120, 10 minutes less by 1, 15 minutes less by 2, etc.

I will do it, if there are no other options

on the other hand... why are you only fixated on 5 minutes.... Why don't you count the days of the week?

you don't need to go to the doctor - in a year, at 4:30-17:50 on Fridays, the market will be more volatile than on other days

I am interested in the average intraday volatility, regardless of the day of the week

go ahead and talk some more... do you know what a trading session is? - ah, try to look here http://stocktime.ru/ - there below, a description (albeit outdated data) of the hourly volatility....

It's from an old book, and I'm not interested in an hourly rate, but from 5 minutes to 2 hours.

So is it possible to write the data to a file and then do calculations with it? I think hundreds of arrays is a worse option.

Listen... press F2 and you'll see a five-minute archive... so build what you need from them.... - first you say you need data, then you wonder if there will be 1000 variants and now you want to repeat the archive?

---

Aleksander:

you first say you want the data, then you are surprised that there will be 1000 variations and now you want to repeat the archive?

What's this nonsense, I don't get it)

eddy:
what's this nonsense, i don't get it)

so you're making one yourself -

eddy 17.12.2010 01:25

should i make an array for each range period within a day? it's hundreds, more than a thousand arrays)

first, do it for just 5 minutes (288 elements in the 1st array) - and see the result...

===