Trading sessions or how important time is - page 7

- unclear!!! Why MSK adds 4 hours in summer and 3 in winter from GMT, if it is correct to add 1 hour in winter and 2 in summer???? (considering we're in Moscow)

Mark33 писал (а) >>

- unclear!!! Why MSK adds 4 hours in summer and 3 in winter from GMT, if it is correct to add 1 hour in winter and 2 in summer???? (considering we're in Moscow)

Time should be GMT.

That's what I'm saying. the question hasn't been answered. why add 4 hours to GMT in summer to get MSK - it's not right!

Mark33 писал (а) >>
why did they add 4 hours to GMT in the summer to get MSK - that's not right!

Because MSK time without any translation to Lv = GMT+3

and in summer we move an hour ahead, so it's +4 to gmt.

By the way... have anyone tried to use external functions to get the time?

like NTP or something...

kombat, this is bullshit. in that case try to compare the quotes in the terminal. right now my clock is 16-54. In the terminal 14-54 and the EURUSD price is 1.5564 . How much to add????:)

Mark33 писал (а) >>
That's what I'm saying. the question has not been answered. why 4 hours were added to GMT in summer to get MSK - that's not right!

If you're referring to my last (greyed-out) table, the hours are not added to GMT, but to UTC - UNIVERSAL COORDINATED TIME (what it is - you can read there on the link).

I'm talking about the table of combatants - it clearly says MSK (which does not give anything because the quotes are not in MSK, but two plus two I think everyone knows how much:). And in general, comrades, let's sign that it is UTC or GMT, but it's better to use GMT, because not everyone has switched to UTC.

So I say correctly, in summer if we add +2 hours to GMT according to MSK, and +1 in winter, RIGHT? Because I'm already fucking confused!

Mark33 писал (а) >>

So I'm saying right, in summer if we add +2 hours to GMT MSK and +1 in winter, RIGHT? Because I'm already fuckin' confused!

No. If you add 3 hours to GMT, Moscow will ALWAYS have to add 3 hours, because GMT also adjusts to daylight saving time. And since the transition rules are the same for GMT and Moscow, the addition is always the same. Except for hours when Moscow has already changed, while London's time is just approaching (but it happens on weekends when no one trades - so no consequences should be).

And +3 and +4 should be added to UTC to account for daylight saving time.

Mark33 писал (а) >>
my watch is now 16-54. In the terminal 14-54 and EURUSD price is 1.5564 . How much to add????:)

ForexTools, then what is the meaning of this?

Mark33 писал (а) >>

ForexTools, then what is the meaning of this?

so understand :) you are sitting in zone +3, and the server is +1 (this is what I wrote earlier)

and these pluses have nothing to do with daylight saving time and there is no need to add anything - they are only TIMES.

here's a picture http://www.worldtimezone.com/wtz008.php - choose your server country (somewhere around the bluecoloured countries) :)

maybe the server itself sits in Moscow, but the data is fed to it by some "european"