Trading sessions or how important time is - page 4

ForexTools писал (а) >>

It is not about Russian citizens, but about the fact that, for example, Europe has already switched to daylight saving time, while Americans are still on winter time for a week or two...

The point of your proposal is quite clear...

It's just that for this category of customers, if this law is passed.

would have some hilarious consequences... ;)

-

Although I personally used to navigate events by local time,

For example 16:30 Moscow time, it allows you to be untied to a particular time of dealer.

Which, as you know, can be any time, most often minus 1 or 2 hours from Moscow time.

-

That in turn leads to the idea of entering unified GMT on the server.

In this case "wrong" 4H only change their places in these DTs :)))

But it will be much more useful than the mythical correct opening in Europe...

(which is what this server time mess is all about)

kombat писал (а) >>

The point of your proposal is quite clear...

Actually, it wasn't a suggestion, but a request for help to find the "source" (in the form of a link) ;)

ForexTools писал (а) >>

... Can anyone provide a link to a (preferably official) resource that clearly defines the rules for daylight saving time - I'd like to automate the colouring completely.

Look for a combination of "Daylight Saving Time"

P.S. !!! Transition dates change periodically.

Ivan-54 писал (а) >>

well to be honest time does matter...

for example at 15:00 am america enters... often this means a 50-100 pips drop in the euro... of course there may be a pullback afterwards, but the americans are fighting for their quid... that's a fact...

but personally i prefer to do everything with my hands and trade on events... At least you can know that there will be a move and you can catch 20-100 pips depending on the news...

Exactly 15:00 - 15:30 is an American trick... Especially clear on Fridays. Even stronger on every 3rd Friday of every month.... Against the euro-dollar direction ~ 80-120 pips. And sometimes up to 170...

Loring писал (а) >>

Exactly 15:00 - 15:30 American divorce... Especially clear on Fridays. Even stronger on every 3rd Friday of every month.... Against the euro-dollar direction ~ 80-120 pips. And sometimes up to 170...

every third Friday, every third month, every third year....(this is not trading, but some kind of perversion) and for as much as 170 pips...

Ten basic mistakes of a beginner trader:
-tradingat market opening
-haste in taking profits
-adding to a losing position,
-closing positions starting with the best one,
- the lust for revenge,
-purchase of the best position, desire for revenge
-Trading on a 'buy it forever' principle,
-Close a profitable strategic position on the first day,
-Close a position upon a signal to open the opposite position,
-doubts.

I haven't heard any criticism of my expert report, posted on the second page of this thread...

I tried to change the time, but this turned out to be the "best" one.

Will someone from ForexTools give us a link to a primary source on the subject?????

After examining a couple of indices that divide quotations into sessions, I came across the fact that they are all bloody different - in terms of session reporting points. Who has the American session finishes at 23-00, who has it at 21-00, who has it at 00-00!
Who knows the topic firmly, skit pleee list of the beginning and end of all sessions.

olyakish, maybe try changing the timing a bit like olltrad says? - It's about the criticism. By the way, I wrote the post straight away.

Mark33 писал (а) >>
Will someone from ForexTools give us a link to the primary source on the subject?????

As my experience on this forum shows, if they know - they give you the answer right away (at most - within a few days), or never or so late that you do not need it.

Apparently people underestimate this factor in their trade ..... We will have to "google" ourselves :(