Trading sessions or how important time is - page 3

olyakish писал (а) >>

GBPUSD usually chooses the direction for the current day at 9:00 terminal

at 9:00 British are not yet entering, only at 9:30 (Moscow time), but there is a funny pattern at 9:31-35 going in the opposite direction to the direction of the next few hours (cheeky swing and a good time to enter)

Talex, thanks for the indicator! The fact that it can change time is super!!!!!!!

olyakish, maybe try changing the time like olltrad says?

olltrad писал (а) >>

at 9:00 am the English don't enter yet, only at 9:30 am(MSC), but there is a funny pattern at 9:31-35 goes the opposite direction from the direction of the next few hours (cheeky swing and a good time to enter)

the downside is that these two hours may not make more than 9pts :(

But there are "crazy candlesticks" and yank really. but mostly small stuff.

Thanks for the observation. What do you think this has to do with?

Talex, it's also good that you took Oceania into account because there are essentially four zones, not three.

There is also this painting option(http://forextools.com.ua/trading/tradingevents.html):

The session paints not only on the schedule, but also "in the future".

And another question about daylight saving time: I've heard that Americans don't switch to daylight saving time like everyone else, while Asia doesn't switch at all. Can someone give me a link to some (preferably official) resource where the rules are clearly spelled out for daylight saving time / winter - I would like to fully automate the colouring.

Mark33 писал (а) >>

Overseas time

asia session opens 01-00 to 10-00,

europe - 07-00 to 16-00

america - 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

There is a slight lull from 23:00 to 01:00.

I propose to share my experience who and how uses trading sessions for their own good. Theoretical truth say something like: Asian is the most aggressive, the European is the biggest in terms of volumes, etc.

Does anyone have any interesting observations? Is timing crucial to your strategy?

For yen crosses very often there is a last surge towards the previous trend around 01:00(Moscow time), then a solid pullback to 09:00 - 11:00.

Mark33 писал (а) >>
Talex, the good thing is that you took Oceania into account as in essence the zones are four, not three.

More like five if you consider the time of the "wild hunters on the forex trail" ;)))

mentioned 01:00 to 03:00 Moscow time

-

Another question about daylight savings time / winter time: I've heard that the Americans don't switch to daylight savings time like everyone else, while Asia does not. Can someone send me the link to any (preferably official) resource, which clearly describes the rules for DST/winter time - I would like to fully automate the colouring.

It may not be necessary for RF citizens,

As a bill has been submitted to the State Duma to get rid of this nonsense...

As in their time switched to Pascal and a year (?) back to the familiar mm Hg

(it's atmospheric pressure, if you don't know... :)))

kombat писал (а) >>

It may not be necessary for Russian citizens,

because there is a bill in the State Duma to get rid of this nonsense...

It is not about Russian citizens, but about the fact that, for example, Europe has already switched to daylight saving time, while the Americans are still on winter time and the beginning of their session will be shifted by one hour (it started at 2 am and now starts at 3 pm and vice versa). When they switch to summer, the shift will go away. But then, the same thing will happen again in winter time: they will have to shift their session for a week or two, but in the opposite direction.

Again, we have already switched to daylight saving time and Asia has not, so now their session needs to be shifted in the right(?) direction.

Mark33 писал (а) >>

The downside is that these two hours may not make more than 9pts :(

But there are "psycho candlesticks" and they yank for real. but it's mostly petty stuff.

Thanks for the observation. What do you think this has to do with?

it's usually at the very beginning of the london session when the news for the uk comes out, it causes a lot of headwinds and thus a lot of price action, which in turn triggers the move.