I'm not a programmer at all, - page 4

xant:

So, anyway.

Does anyone show up who'd like to check out the genius work, or is there nothing to surprise anyone here?

Put this very creation into an algorithm and take part with its trial version in the International Anti-Fit Contest. In four weeks you will most probably be surprised that your creation is not at all ingenious, but rather trivial.

Korey

About declassification is easy, no big deal.

You just have to get the idea across. I've tried it, it takes about half an hour in person. And only after that can you move on to the actual EA. I understand the scepticism. For example, a smart guy showed up, puffing out his cheeks, while he must have invented some bullshit that some websites offer for half a kilo a rouble.

Looks like I'm bricked up.

By the way, the terminal for the bank and TA program was written not by a graduate of MIPT but of Moscow State University. Either a mechmath department or something else related to cybernetics. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Well, I apologise for the inconvenience.

xant:

I was surprised myself. Actually, the man did not invent the IOM, of course, but modified it slightly and added his own usage rule. He claims to have a patent.

Maybe he is lying.

I'm sure he's not. Anything can be patented. Or you can take something that already exists, attach a handle to it and patent that thing with the handle as something with new consumer properties.

Reshetov:
xant:

So, anyway.

Will anyone show up who'd like to get acquainted with this genius creation, or is there nothing to surprise anyone here anymore?

Put this very creation into an algorithm and take part with its trial version in the International Anti-Fitting Contest. In four weeks you will most likely be surprised that your creation is not genius at all, but rather trivial.

Thank you, I will take your advice to heart.

Reshetov:

They do, but in other categories. For example, for the discovery of the paradox of mathematical nontransitivity, C.J. Arrow received the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1972. But, netransitivity in economics does not show itself as a paradox (the balance sheet does not allow) and it cannot be applied to trading.

Well, it was not given as a mathematician, but as an economist, while mathematicians are not given. Old Nobel didn't like mathematicians.

xant:
Korey:
xant:

Oh, how many interesting comments.

By the way, I know someone who tried to patent a regular MOM.

It's too late for me to learn how to program, as I studied at institutes more than a dozen years ago.

The question is not one of greed, but of elementary preservation of the idea. I don't see anything wrong here. Although, of course, everyone can have their own view.

Are algorithms and mathematical formulas patentable?

I was surprised myself. Actually, the man didn't invent the MOM, of course, but slightly changed it and added his own rule of use. He claims to have a patent.

He may be lying.

No problem. Take the cart and bolt a fifth wheel to it. Look for a third country with liberal patent law. We draw up and file a well-formed application and attach drawings (sometimes they also require a model of the invention). We pay for patent services. Wait for uniqueness verification period, i.e. they try to look through all carts among other patents, but make sure that the fifth wheel is not like yours. If the check is successful, you become the owner of the patent. During the term of this very patent, you have the right to charge a fee to any cart that has the fifth wheel exactly where it appears in your patent application.

alexjou:

<< Grizodubov, father of pilot Marie Grizodubova, saw the Wright brothers' plane and spent 20 years making one, but alas...>>

Actually her name was Valentina...

>> I'm sorry, I'll know.

xant:

It looks like I'm walled up.

Yuri, what's the problem? Let me know, we'll "unmudge it" ;)

Reshetov:

For the extraordinarily gifted, Kenneth J. Arrow is a mathematician from the USA and also a Nobel Prize winner in economics. He is a mathematician, not an economist or even an accountant.

Once again for the stupid: the Nobel Prize is not awarded in the field of mathematics. That dude didn't get the prize for mathematics, he got it for something else, albeit using mathematics. Black and Scholes also won for developing a mathematical model for option pricing, but they were not nominated as mathematicians. Shall we continue to measure bananas?

For the third time: mathematicians don't win Nobel prizes, because a famous mathematician once stole a girlfriend from Alfred the old man, who took offense at all the mathematicians. However, a mathematician can be someone else, part-time - a writer, an economist, a peace activist - and get a prize in that category.

timbo:
Reshetov:

For the extraordinarily gifted, Kenneth J. Arrow is a mathematician from the USA and also a Nobel Prize winner in economics. He is a mathematician, not an economist or even an accountant.

Once again for the stupid: the Nobel Prize is not awarded in the field of mathematics. That dude didn't get the prize for mathematics, he got it for something else, albeit using mathematics. Black and Scholes also won for developing a mathematical model for option pricing, but they were not nominated as mathematicians. Shall we go bananas?

For the third time: No Nobel Prize is given to mathematicians, because at one time an eminent mathematician stole a girlfriend from old Alfred, so the latter took offence at all mathematicians. However, a mathematician can be someone else, part-time - a writer, an economist, a peace activist - and get a prize in that category.

timbo boy, do you understand the term "in other categories"?

Once again, for the very gifted:

1. Mathematicians get Nobel prizes, but in other categories.

2. Nobody claimed that the Nobel Prize is awarded in the field of mathematics, because see point 1 - it is awarded in tm. 1 - it is awarded among others for services in the field of mathematics and among others to mathematicians, but in other nominations.