I'm not a programmer at all, - page 3

xant:

Oh, how many interesting comments.

By the way, I know someone who tried to patent a regular MOM.

It's too late for me to learn how to program, as I studied at institutes more than a dozen years ago.

The question is not one of greed, but of elementary preservation of the idea. I don't see anything wrong here. Although, of course, everyone can have their own view.

Are algorithms and mathematical formulas patentable?

Korey:

The trouble is, mathematicians don't even get Nobel prizes(

to Korey

I have already done this step, although it cost me a lot of effort, because "set as described" is not that easy, the parameter is calculated.

I just need to program the EA. I have not dealt with MT, I know it poorly, and I do not aspire to study it. I can pay for the specific work, and then you will see what happens. I think this is the best way.

Korey:
xant:

By the way, I know someone who tried to patent a regular MOM.

It's too late for me to learn how to program, as I studied at institutes more than a dozen years ago.

The question is not one of greed, but of elementary preservation of the idea. I don't see anything wrong here. Although, of course, everyone can have their own view.

And algorithms and mathematical formulas are patentable?

It depends on the algorithms and formulas and on the country. Legislation varies from country to country. For example, the LZW data compression algorithm is patented in Israel, while the BWT compression algorithm is not patented anywhere.

In some countries, an algorithm cannot be patented, but software with that algorithm can be patented.

Integer:
Korey:

Trouble is, mathematicians don't even get Nobel prizes(

They do, but in other categories. For example, for the discovery of the paradox of mathematical nontransitivity, C.J. Arrow received the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1972. But nettransitivity in economics does not show itself as a paradox (the balance sheet does not allow) and it cannot be applied to trading.

Korey:
xant:

By the way, I know someone who tried to patent a conventional MOM.

I was surprised myself. Actually, the man didn't invent the MOM, of course, but slightly changed it and added his own rule of use. He claims to have a patent.

He may be lying.

So, anyway.

Does anyone show up who'd like to check out the genius work, or is there nothing to surprise anyone here?

to xant

I went through this stage too. At first I was programming EAs, and did not even show up on the forum))).
Supposedly everything is so valuable. However, my Expert Advisors and indicators bin has been growing, and the autotrading never happened.
The final thing that got me was this kind of frustration. It was))) I'm going to free myself a bit and get into the Brownian motion))))
I've forgotten the formula.) I looked it up on the Internet and it turns out the Nobel Prize for "Brownian motion" in economic processes
was given out back in the last century.
Further, he sharply reduced the value of his ideas, "declassified" and came to the forum.

So write to anyone with a link in their profile.

<< Grizodubov, father of pilot Marie Grizodubova, saw the Wright brothers' plane and spent 20 years making one, but alas...>>

Actually her name was Valentina...