Grail. The puzzle is an interesting theme. - page 8

We can leave random entry for now, but very often an Expert Advisor is in profit (a decent one), and then suddenly it is in the red. If the Expert Advisor closes when it "senses" a reversal, it would be OK.

These things are absolutely related to entries. The same as for exits, we need to "catch" entries at the beginning of a new trend (or mini-trend or micro-trend - depending on what scale we want to operate). A start of a new trend is always a reverse of the old trend (mini, micro, ...). Thus, we can put a general question: how to catch the beginning (or close to it) of a trend (mini or micro)? This one will answer both to "where to enter" and "where to exit". But here's the solution to this general question.... Then, in general, you don't need any advisors either - just, stand up all the depo and.... :))))

SamMan писал (а) >>

And these things are absolutely related to entries. Exactly the same as for exits, we need to "catch" entries at the beginning of a new trend (or mini-trend, or micro-trend - depending on what scales we want to operate with). A start of a new trend is always a reverse of the old trend (mini, micro, ...). Thus, we can put a general question: how to catch the beginning (or close to it) of a trend (mini or micro)? This one will answer both to "where to enter" and "where to exit". But here's the solution to this general question.... Then, in general, you don't need any advisors either - just, stand up all the depo and.... :))))

At the initial stage it is enough to protect the last order, because it is the highest and the loss comes from it. But this raises the problem of early exit...

I think the lot size distribution should be in reverse order, i.e. from maximum to minimum....

exit, as far as I remember, by trailing stop

kharko писал (а) >>

I think the lot size distribution should be in reverse order, i.e. from maximum to minimum....

Exit, as far as I remember, by trailing stop

If you make the orders decreasing instead of increasing, the EA will lose its meaning. And the exit is not by trailing stop but by moving stop.

Fibo писал (а) >>

If you make the orders decreasing rather than increasing, the EA loses its meaning. And the exit is not by trailing stops, but by moving stops.

Stop moves when the next level triggers... If the level triggers and then the price turns towards the stop, then the maximum lot kills the profit that was earned before...

kharko писал (а) >>

The stop moves when the next level triggers... if the level triggers and then the price reverses to the stop, the maximum lot kills the profit...

If you have a trailing stop instead of moving stop, do you think the result will be better? In my opinion, it should and quite significantly. And if trailing stop is secured beforehand, i.e. it switches on (jumps) when it passes its value - in break-even point.

are we interested in profits or quick exits? probably the former...

Думаю, что распределение величины лотов должно быть в обратном порядке, т.е. от максимального к минимальному

Absolutely not (for this EA). His idea: the greater the number of pending orders (to one side) the more we are assured that we are "standing right", and the more we want to strengthen our positions. An initial lot is always a trial balloon. We are far from certain at this point that we are in a trend. And we are even less certain that the trend will be powerful and long-lasting. But each newly triggered pending position reinforces that confidence.

And the biggest one will open at the top, a few pips before the market turns around... The law of meanness.

И самый крупный откроется на вершине, за несколько пипсов до того, как рынок развернется...

And it doesn't matter. From the 3rd putback we are in the handicap plus, it is only the size that is up for discussion.