Martingale is not evil at all, it brings profits - page 3

granit77:
Reshetov wrote (a): ..But then, despite all the calculations and calculations, the "black swan" still arrived...

Vesti-24 at 15-30: "An English investment fund, where a trading robot developed by

by Stanford University mathematicians, suffered a $1.5 billion loss. Researchers attribute what happened to the fact that the robot was operating according to a scientifically based market model, while the market is now non-market."

What the Yankees will not think of to justify themselves. Like the robot made by Stanford lamers was scientific, but market volatility is anti-scientific. That's a hell of a way to put it, though!

The Yanks should have learned Russian and come to this forum for counselling .

granit77: the market is currently non-market based."
I was more struck by this... The bazaar must be... ppc

granit77:

Vesti 24 at 15-30: "A UK investment fund running a trading robot developed by Stanford University mathematicians

Stanford University mathematicians suffered a $1.5 billion loss. Researchers attribute what happened to the fact that the robot was operating according to a scientifically based market model, while the market is now non-market."

I wonder why the pound is so down....

granit77 писал (а): the robot worked according to a scientifically based market model, and nowadays the market is non-market based."

Pattalom. What an arrogance these highbrow... uh... nerds. It's exactly like Hegel: "If the facts don't fit my model, then the facts are wrong!"

P.S. Yura, you've got some extremist followers, right here: 'I need a Martingaleyler code'. You might want to be a little more careful with your authority...

The market is really more speculative than "market" as it does not reflect the real state of affairs in the financial sectors of the world. It is now based on expectations that somewhere will be bad or good, and if expectations are not met there is a violent price movement.

In short - most are trying to make money on news that has not yet been released.

As for the Pound - it only went up yesterday because some fool exchanged a specific amount of Euros for Pounds, thus putting the Euro under (and preventing it from reaching a new high). And according to the market the Euro should be at least 1.6 by now, given the latest data from Europe and the US.

Serg_ASV:

As for the Pound - so it only went up yesterday because some fool exchanged a specific amount of Euros for Pounds, thereby sucking up the Euro (and preventing it from reaching a new high).

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the fool was a Standford science and market robot.

Mathemat:

P.S. Yura, you've got some extreme followers, right here: 'I need a Martingaleyler code'. You'd better be more careful with your authority...

Judging by the aggressiveness of the martingale, which should increase the lot in immeasurable progression, and even more than 20 deals in a row (there is no DC that can open positions with such volumes), they are not extremist followers, but radical extremists

Martingale is not evil. It is faulty reasoning.

Let's look at several variants of working with (so-called) martingale.

Variant 1. Kolya started trading at 8:00, placed several bets and gained some profit by 12:00.

Variant 2. Petya started trading at 8:00, placed several bets and lost a bit by 12:00.

Option 3. Vasya arrived at 12:00 and decided to ask his friends how best to open the market. And this is where it all started:)

One advised him to open one way for one sum, and the other to open the other way for another sum. Simply because one had such a story in the last 4 hours and the other had such a story in the same 4 hours. And it was a big, big room. There's also Tanechka and Verochka sitting in it, trading and martingale. And in the corner there's Abdullah and his friend Gulchatai. And everyone is trying to martingale Vasya in their own way.

Vasya looked at this picture and somehow it became clear to him:

The main mistake of martingale is that it takes into account the history of events in the game account.

--------

I remember a fairy tale. A man on a journey decided to have a hearty meal, and to do this he went to the courtyard of a stupid but greedy woman. He asked her for a cauldron to make soup out of an axe. She was surprised by such a miracle, so she gave him the cauldron. A man put an axe into the cauldron, stirred the empty water with a spoon and smiled (matrilinealite, sort of). The woman says to him: "Oh, I wish I could salt it a bit, it would be just the right thing to do. Granny ran to get salt. They salted it. He says a bay leaf would be nice for the smell. Baba ran back and forth. Threw a leaf in the soup. I wish we had some grits for the soup... A bit of gruel, too. Then we threw in some giblets, added herbs, spices.

The soup was rich and hearty. The woman wanted to buy back this miracle axe from the Man, but he wouldn't sell it. They say the stupid, greedy Baba is still dreaming of this martingale:)

SK. писал (а):

Martingale is not evil. It is faulty reasoning.

Let's look at several variants of working with (so-called) martingale.

Variant 1. Kolya started trading at 8:00, placed several bets and gained some profit by 12:00.

Variant 2. Petya started trading at 8:00, placed several bets and lost a bit by 12:00.

Option 3. Vasya arrived at 12:00 and decided to ask his friends how best to open the market. And this is when everything turned out:)

The main mistake of martingale is that the game account history is taken into account.

What's this about?

What does this have to do with event history?