Breaking through the morning flat - page 24

Lovecraft писал(а) >>

And I'm going to blow this deposit... in one day!)

>> Good luck!

logix >> :
During two days I lost 1200$ (on demo), trading on breakdown. But this doesn't mean the system is not working. We'll see what happens next. I did not follow the conditions and did not move the SL to the BOO. I like the Fibo work because there are specific levels. Personally I don't need any mathematical proof of Fibo working, practice will show. If it helps me make profit - fine, if not, let's look for another one. Thanks to YuraZ for the idea. The others have not offered anything in return. For someone Fibo works, and someone else has intuition.

The breakdown itself is just a signal - and Fibo as a probable target

And if we take 03.06.2009, the breakdown is downwards !

was the reason to exit the medium term on Audi - and buy was Thursday 28.05.2009 exit 03.06.2009

on friendly break down - total +380 pips

Before that there was a break-up one after another upwards and there was no reason to go down ( without screenshots, you know what I mean )

--

by the way Nikt_58 predicted the target in a long time

did hit the level shown in advance ! that was also the criterion

--

true, it beats out some of the breakeven entries - but it does not beat them all out

and if you're hooked, you've got to stand still while the breakdowns go one by one in the direction

you'll end up on the plus side.

--

again, the turtles traded a breakdown, too! .... >> and it's about the same tactic! If it's a breakout, stop! If it's a bust, look for another entry

YuraZ писал(а) >>

the breakdown itself is only a signal - and the fibo is a probable target

and if we take 03.06.2009 break downwards !

was the reason to exit the medium term on Audi - and bye was thursday 28.05.2009 exit 03.06.2009

on break down - total +380 points

Before that there were breakdowns one after another upwards and there was no reason to go down ( without screenshots, you know what I mean )

--

by the way Nikt_58 predicted the target in a long time

the level shown in advance was hit ! that was also the criterion

--

it's true, it knocks out some breakeven entries - but it doesn't knock them all out

and if you're stuck, you'll stand firm until the breakouts go one by one in the direction

You'll end up with a win.

--

again, the turtles traded a breakdown too! .... and it's about the same tactic... breakout, stop... breakdown, look for a new entry...

Yes, I understand it's a signal. You need to see it in time and open a deal correctly. I was in a hurry and did not wait for the clear breakthrough, so I opened position higher and was punished for that. You learn from your mistakes.

---

Hold trades are the next level of skill. On the first stage, you need to recognize signals and correctly enter the market. And, of course, it is necessary to close the deal on time.

---

I've looked through the whole May EURUSD, in most cases the system works. But S / L is scary, it is very large, although you say that it is more psychological.

---

I have 5 bad days, the way I see it. Rough estimate. One trade 30p. S/L double - 60 pips. 16 days on +30p. and 5 on -60p. So I made +180 pips in a month. Not much, but we stayed in the black. But it might have been different in real trade, that is why we have demo accounts, to practice.

YuraZ >> :

True, it knocks out some of the breakeven entries - but it doesn't knock out all of them ...

This situation interests me a lot. Could you please share your experience or give me a link to consider when determining the level of profit at which a position should be placed on the breakeven level, so that it would exit less frequently. Apparently, this value should be calculated based on compromise considerations. On the one hand, we do not want positions to lose out more often, and on the other hand, we want to secure them earlier. Is it possible to apply the mathematical apparatus here? I think it is not a trivial task to find the optimum.

logix >> :

Yes, I understand that it is a signal. You have to see it in time and open a trade correctly. I was in a hurry, did not wait for a clear breakdown and opened upwards and was punished for it. You learn from your mistakes.

---

Hold trades are the next level of skill. On the first stage, you need to recognize signals and correctly enter the market. And, of course, it is necessary to close the deal on time.

---

I've looked through the whole May EURUSD, in most cases the system works. But S / L is scary, it is very large, even though you say that it is more psychological.

---

I have 5 bad days, the way I see it. Rough estimate. One trade 30p. S/L double - 60 pips. 16 days on +30p. and 5 on -60p. So I made +180 pips in a month. Not much, but we stayed in the black. Our experience may have been different in real trading, this is what demo accounts are for.

Isn't it easier to close losing orders on a pullback?

You don't need any stops.

NikT_58 писал(а) >>

Wouldn't it be easier to close unprofitable orders on pullbacks?

Do without any stops.

It is easier and even easier to enter on a pullback, but a stop is still statistically justified over the long haul. Not to mention the loss of connection and other emergencies, the black swan can also arrive on a pure no-return movement.

I don't know, I'm stubborn by nature, I personally feel sorry for giving up my position for nothing.

By the way, I am thinking about one thing for my opponents according to Fibo, the stop will be clearer there too.

Let's wait.

NikT_58 писал(а) >>

Wouldn't it be easier to close unprofitable orders on pullbacks?

Do without any stops.

I have already traded without stops. I have already traded without stops, and I lost 2 real accounts and I do not have such a desire anymore. I have already lost two reals, so I do not have such a desire. At the most inappropriate moment the connection may be lost, and the orders will be in free flight.

Yesterday I got a lot of hits, -380p. This is not good, three days order in minus, and what a minus it is. Opened on 4 pairs and 2 orders. I have successfully lost my deposit (demo). :-) I have never been used in this kind of market.

Yuri did an experiment switching to the American session and got in.

Why the Asian session?