[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 260

>

granit77:
What's your nickname on the Echo? I want to read it.

I hardly ever write there. Well, very rarely.

A nickname...)) I don't have a nickname! Not here, not there... )))))))))))))))

How to make a USB fan on Smotri.com

denis_orlov:

How to make a USB fan on Smotri.com

Nice piece of kit. American craftsmen :)

but where can i get a "small engine" like this?

When the heat started, I unscrewed the processor hatch on the bottom of my laptop - it got better, but not by much. Then I found an old cooler (from the video card I took off), cut the USB cord in half and, having soldered this fan to the black and yellow wires, stuck it under the laptop. The latter put it on empty cigarette packs. CPU temperature dropped by 10 deg.

Well, I was too lazy to drag myself to Moscow to get a cooling pad!

===
I can show you a picture)))

sergeev:

Nice piece of kit. American craftsmen :)

But where to get such a "small engine"?

From any child's toy, like a car. But it's better to just get a cooler from a PSU or radiator and not bother with the impeller.

granit77:
From any kid's toy like a car. But it's better to just get a cooler from a PSU or radiator and not bother with the impeller.

on the USB if I'm not mistaken 5V. Will the coolers from the PSU suffice?

I can't get more than 500 mA into the port. But I can't measure it without a meter.

sergeev:
USB is 5v if I'm not mistaken. Coolers from the power supply enough?

They spin, I have it switched to 5v on the processor heatsink. But it's better to take 12v out of the computer. I don't think there's a single person here who can't open the computer case. :))

And car motors can draw a lot of power, you'll have to see.

>

I use an old PSU cooler, so as not to load the car, I feed it from a mobile phone charger. With a current consumption of 50 to 100 mA any charger will give me 9V. Better of course a CPU cooler - it has more power ...