[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 154

Me and the computer.

How do you make 8,000,000 files appear on ko's desktop?
1. You have to be me.
2. You have to have a great desire to divide a 16 MB file into two volumes using rar archiving.
And put the number 2 in the first available box.

Well, you know what I've been doing all day today.)

Real-life CV of a female sysadmin

Author: Greeder Pavlovich
Source: http://www.livejournal.com/users/bzip2/75933.html Shows: 6467

Looking for a job as a sysadmin.

Guarantee the normal operation of the grid of any size on any standard platform (Win, OS, *nix, MacOS) and not crooked combination of different platforms. If needed, I can program on asm, java, c, c++, vc, vc++, vb, vbscript, perl, delphi. have experience writing drivers for Linux Mandrake 2.0, win2k and winXP (homemade 100Mbit dish with the decoder for receiving NTV+). I have some web design skills, but that was a long time ago... I can remember though.

What else...
I know how to do layout. Complete set - from layout to printing itself (was a full-colour printer, worked on ADAST 6**). But will do it only in case of need. Can do wiring if absolutely necessary (tolerance up to 1000V). But, of course, to deal with everything that does not concern the administration of the grid, will only for a fee.

Users will not advise too.
If you need to buy the hardware - then either to allocate the money without the snot, or buy yourself and do not complain after installation. If you need to create a local ftp, backup-sv or other services - I will do, but for extra money. With other people's homemade devices will not sort out.

What I want:
Free work schedule. The system I will set up, if necessary, will be for this day and night in the workplace, but constantly stuck in the office with a working network is not intended. If I run into any problems, I have a mobile phone and a scooter, so I can get to any end of town in about an hour if I need to.
I can be fed at any time for free. I don't eat too much. It's enough if I have a pizza freezer (2-3 pizzas a day) and a microwave in the server room while I'm on round-the-clock vigil. It would also be nice to have a cot or something... Hy come on, if anything, I'll bring a cot.
If the constant communication - we pay a mobile (MTS, a direct city number) or a pager.
So as not to have any complaints about appearance. If I'm in the office, I won't get any further than the server room. And if I show up in a Matrix outfit, it's my own business. I'm not wearing a jacket and a skirt.
Salary from $800. If I have to throw a net by myself, I won't do it for less than $1000/month. If there are rats in the building, it's not my problem. Take the installers and let them bite their heels while climbing on the false ceilings...
So there won't be any paperwork issues. Officially, I don't even have an elementary school education. Also no registration or registration of any kind, but I have no problems with the police.

P.S.: One last thing. Whatever the boss is, he'll get it right for harassment. This, too, I guarantee. And also - the court (my knowledge of law firm enough, I assure you) and killed forever (or at least - very long) network. If you're so keen to fire me, all you have to do is ask and I'll leave on my own. I don't care how the new sysadmin deals with the rest.

drknn:

..... just not in the mood. .... The cops picked me up yesterday - I was sitting on a bench in town, drinking a beer and not touching anyone. ......

http://news.babr.ru/?IDE=86490

"80% of those surveyed support the seaside guerrillas..."

"stern but fair..."

drknn:
Interesting programs are written by Microsoft after all. Run the built-in Windows calculator and try to calculate how much 2+2*2 is. It works out to 8.
An accounting calculator, of which there are plenty in offices, will give the same result.

drknn:

Me and the computer.

How do you make 8,000,000 files appear on ko's desktop?
1. You have to be me.
2. You have to have a great desire to divide a 16 MB file into two volumes using rar archiving.
And put the number 2 in the first available box.

Well, you know what I've been doing all day today.)

I had a real problem with this

Integer:

I've actually had this tricky thing

Click on a file, then Ctrl+A and put it all in a separate folder. Sort by type or use commander to open the folder and select by mask and trash the selected pieces of the archive. The problem is solved in seconds.

drknn:

Click on the file, then Ctrl+A and put it all in a separate folder. Sort by type or use commander to open the folder and select by mask and trash the selected archive pieces. The problem is solved in seconds.

I did so - My computer - the button "Up" and we find ourselves in the usual folder, which contains all the contents of the desktop.

A commercial for Sysadmins. If you turn the sound on, it's even stronger :)

>