How much is needed.... - page 12

Lord_Shadows:
and therefore there is no point in talking about the method as infallible.
I totally agree with you...

Sart:
But here is another question, have Ish EAs been abandoned? I wrote there about the supposed possibility of solving the trending problems.

How to use Math-system Trader, please advise!!!

Lord_Shadows:
Sart:
Another question, have Ish EAs been abandoned? I wrote there about the supposed possibility of solving the trending problems.
This EA (Ish_03) works fine on all my accounts. The only thing I help it to open in right direction - now in direction indicated by VTE,
and then I prohibit it from opening in automatic mode. However, it is quite boring with it - it bangs and bangs... On average it brings 10 quid a day.

Sart:
I have the following tactic: USDCAD - long term trading (a month, maybe more), because the signal to the upside was formed just a week ago
NZDUSD - give some bite to pieces and catch the pullback again.
USDJPY - bite in pieces and bounce again

This tactic is somewhat strange: it is quieter and more reliable to take the entire move, if you have some kind of confidence in it. For example, with the Kiwi you bite off 32 points instead of a measured figure, you didn't manage to catch the pullback, and it was very small...

goldtrader:
Sart:
I have the following tactic: USDCAD - long term trading (a month, maybe more) as the signal to rise was formed just a week ago
NZDUSD - give some bite to pieces and catch the pullback again.
USDJPY - bite in pieces and bounce again

This tactic is somewhat strange: it is quieter and more reliable to take the entire move, if you have some kind of confidence in it. For example, with the Kiwi you bite off 32 points instead of a measured figure, you didn't manage to catch pullbacks, and they were small...
I agree, in this particular case I missed a lot... But in most cases, in my past practice, this approach is very effective...

According to an unknown criterion, a trader is considered successful if he takes 30% of the moves. In fact - over-successful... It is quite enough to take much less, on the order of 10%.

Mathemat:
According to an unknown criterion, a trader is considered successful if he takes 30% of the moves. In fact - over-successful... Quite enough and much less, about 10%.
Mathematician, hello ! How do you like the VTE forecasts ? Does VTE work, in your opinion ?

Sart:
I agree, in this particular case it is very much underdone...
I did better ;)

Even got almost in the top ten.

Sergiy, thanks for the predictions!
Too bad I`m flying early on Thursday morning, otherwise I`d continue this fascinating quest ;)

Does VTE work, in your opinion?

Well, Sart, in your hands anything will work. And yet, and yet... let's take a look at the yen and the Canadian. By the way, did you open on the yen somewhere around 108?