How much is needed.... - page 23

Sart писал (а):
It seems unbelievable to me that even experienced traders like Kim-4 would doubt the ability to make 10 quid a day without much risk with a 1000 quid depo.

I was not expressing a doubt, but an opinion that it is difficult to make 10 quid a day. I'm not making it yet. I can see that you're not either. At least two days have been less than 10 quid profit:

22.02.2008 8.42
21.02.2008 25.28
20.02.2008 0
19.02.2008 27.47
18.02.2008 16.00

And this is from one of my real accounts:

22.02.2008 9.91
21.02.2008 121.75
20.02.2008 -112.91
19.02.2008 207.58
18.02.2008 14.24

Neither you nor I comply with the "10 quid every day" requirement. So my opinion is supported by reality, and your opinion by what?

KimIV:

I was not expressing a doubt, but an opinion that making 10 quid a day is difficult. I'm not making it yet. I can see that you're not either. At least two days have been less than 10 quid profit:

22.02.2008 8.42
21.02.2008 25.28
20.02.2008 0
19.02.2008 27.47
18.02.2008 16.00

22.02.2008 9.91
21.02.2008 121.75
20.02.2008 -112.91
19.02.2008 207.58
18.02.2008 14.24

Neither you nor I comply with the "10 quid every day" requirement. So my opinion is confirmed by reality, and your opinion by what?

Igor, I'm frustrated, frankly speaking I expected that at least you are doing better in trading than most of the forum participants ( Experience + Knowledge ).
Or is everything in this world of currencies more complicated than most beginners believe ?!!

KimIV:
Sart wrote (a):
It seems incredible to me that even experienced traders like Kim-4 doubt the ability to make 10 quid a day without much risk with a depo of 1000 quid.

I wasn't expressing doubt, I was expressing the opinion that earning 10 quid a day is difficult. I'm not making it yet. I see that you do too. At least two days I made less than 10 quid a day:

22.02.2008 8,42
21.02.2008 25,28
20.02.2008 0
19.02.2008 27,47
18.02.2008 16,00

22.02.2008 9,91
21.02.2008 121,75
20.02.2008 -112,91
19.02.2008 207,58
18.02.2008 14,24

Neither you nor I are in compliance with the "10 quid every day" requirement. So my opinion is supported by reality and your opinion by what?

I don't get it - you get about 50 quid a day - why be sad? (I don't know how much I'm making.)
- I get 15 quid a day with a deposit of 500 quid.
Of course, I have to use a period of time for averaging, at least a week, or better - a month.
You and I have nothing to be sad about. Things are going very well, you may say.
As for my weekly trading, I've tried to be very careful to demonstrate my ability to trade with almost no drawdown.
Next week I will trade more loosely and allow drawdowns up to 50% of the deposit. I would like to note that drawdown is not the same as drawdown.
One thing is to fan blindly, hoping the drawdown will blow through and watching with trepidation how the liquidity decreases, and the other thing is to feel confident in the direction of
The other is to feel confident in the direction of open positions, and the drawdown should be seen as an opportunity to strengthen at a better price.

Sincerely S.D.

I would be interested to hear your commentaries to the trade. If you have time, go to the newly opened (in continuation of this one) branch - https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/107181.

Of course, I'm just getting started, anything can happen...But I firmly believe that it is possible to win.

Lord_Shadows писал (а):
Or is everything in this world of currencies more complicated than most beginners assume ?!!
Constantine! Both simpler and more complicated at the same time. It's hard to understand simplicity. Man has a tendency to complicate things. He doesn't want to believe that some simple thing works and he wants to spoil it by complicating it. I use very simple algorithms. Sometimes, a buy or sell signal of an EA is less than a dozen short lines of code. But I have been working on these lines for over a year. This is the symbiosis of simplicity and complexity!

Sart писал (а):
Of course, you have to take an averaging period of at least a week, or preferably a month.
I see... I'd take a few years... two or three years, preferably five...

Sart:

The 0.8000 level is just around the corner. And then 0.8100 and 0.8200...

0.8100 Reached...

and someone thought it was a mystery ....

I don't get it... Where's Sergei's post about my fatigue? That was one of the few posts for which I would have given a medal immediately. I consider the most valuable human quality to be the ability to feel for other people. If, Sergei, you yourself deleted that post, you shouldn't have. You only raised my respect for you by that post.

KimIV:
I don't get it... Where's Sergei's post about my fatigue? That was one of the few posts for which I would have given a medal immediately. I consider the most valuable human quality to be the ability to feel for other people. If, Sergei, you yourself deleted that post, you shouldn't have. By deleting it you only raised my respect towards you.
It seemed uncomfortable to interfere in a purely personal life. We have a purely industrial relationship here, after all.

Sart писал (а):
I would like to hear comments on my trading from you, as I understand it, a battlefield trader.
This is the second time you, Sergey, have mistakenly called me a trader. You would be right, if trading were my main source of income. But I'm just learning. I'm trying to master trading. I'm not losing any money and for me that's a great achievement. I am developing Expert Advisors, and they trade on real accounts: Classic (deposit 2227.97 USD), micro (deposit 2484 RUR), cent (deposit 12282.52 cent). I have 3 to 8 demo accounts in constant use at different time. I have only 5 of them now. I have nothing to do with 3 more. I had a successful experience of managing an investor account. It was a trial run. My financial need has not pushed me to do it (I have money for deposits, I do not use all of it, most of it I invest), but my curiosity. How does it work with investors? My main sources of income are working as a software engineer in an energy company and investments. So it would be better to call me a programmer-investor :-)

KimIV:
Sart wrote (a):
I would like to hear comments on my trading from you as a battle-trader, as I understand it.
I am not driven by financial need (I have my own money for deposits, I am not using all of it, I invest most of it), but by curiosity. How does it work with investors? My main sources of income are working as a programming engineer in an energy company and investments. So I should better be called a programmer-investor :-)
Got it. Since it's my day off, I'll give myself a lyrical digression. It seems to be easier and freer for you. For me Forex is the only source of income at the moment.
At first, as it should be, I lost 1000 quid. Made some proper conclusions, resumed real trading since September 1st, 2007 and with help of my simple Expert Advisor Ish_03
(I'm not going to give figures, but I'm already in good profits for a long time). While my friend was chopping cabbage little by little, methodically and round the clock,
I got serious about VTE. This is where my eyes seemed to open. Long observation has convinced me 100% - Elliott Waves really do exist. I've also understood the radical mistake almost all traders make when trying to work with VTE. However, VTE is a separate topic, which I tried to initiate here: 'Beginning trader working on a real account using Elliott Waves (Invest - password provided)...'.
In the same post I will briefly note - operational work on VTE is not much different from work on the system of nested trends. Indeed, if we have, say, three,
nested in each other trends of one direction, then we can safely open. Just imagine that, for example, the uppermost trend has a timeframe longer than a day,
and the next nested trend has a daily timeframe. It takes a lot of time and effort to break such a trend. Let the youngest trend jump around
as it pleases, we use these fluctuations to reinforce, and the older trends will take their toll. And any Elliott wave is a trend.

Such a simple, banal and well-known idea.