Wishes for MQL5 - page 10

Introduce new "write" type variables. Delphi implements this very well.

EXAMPLE. A variable type is declared:

RSpisok=Record
Name : string;
Count : int;
Pork : double;
end;

Spisok = array[0..20] of RSpisok;

And then you can refer to it in a very convenient and clear way. For example x=Spisok[4].Count; or s=Spisok[i].Name;

albe:

Introduce new variables of the 'record' type. Delphi implements this very well.

EXAMPLE. A variable type is declared:

RSpisok=Record
Name : string;
Count : int;
Pork : double;
end;

Spisok = array[0..20] of RSpisok;

And then you can refer to it in a very convenient and clear way. For example x=Spisok[4].Count; or s=Spisok[i].Name;

In Syax, this is called struct, and has long been promised in MQ5.

Where can I read everything that was "promised in MQ5" ?

Search for MQL5

Thank you, I learned a lot. Especially enjoyed the excursion into history. Will there be beta versions for the public?

grasn:

I also have a wish, perhaps suffering from increased silliness from what has been written on the subject of MQL development. I remember, a long time ago, writing all sorts of programs in C. I used the compiler from Waterloo Computing (Watcom). At that time it was one of the best, if not the best. The project eventually moved to the new stage of Open Watcom, and probably partly stalled, but, uh, everything seems to stay there:

http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Download

Or maybe, instead of developing MQL (why should we invent something that has already been there (all sorts of structures and stuff), and is offered for nothing), we should attach this very compiler, including C/C++/FORTRAN, and forget about the development issues (this, after all, will be MQL5 and then MQL6 in the end)? I have to add necessary trading specific functions and integrate them with the environment. And MQL itself is similar to C (I mean syntax probably can be recompiled with not so big problems). I remember that Delphi was written in it.

At least the problem with the speed of computation, which is very important, will be completely solved (there was nothing faster than that compiler at that time). And no dlls would be needed and no competitors would be needed .....

I understand that it won't happen, but ... couldn't resist. :о)

PS: don't ban me :o))))

By the way, yes, it's a good idea. The execution speed will be like neutive code, not the speed of a virtual machine. But there is a marketing policy here and then you should be careful with these open sorses or there will be those who will claim some rights.

I don't know if it has already been discussed, but adding MFE, MAE charts to MT is a must!

These charts are so important that developers should add them not only to MT5 but also to MT4.

The sooner the better.

It's too time consuming to draw them manually in excel every time.

It would also be nice to be able to select a code block and have it auto-formatted and indented. Often you have to copy or delete chunks of code and aligning the code text takes time and is annoying. Also it is very convenient to highlight {} () or place cursor near it, it will be highlighted. This is also convenient in well-known code editors.

I suggest that the future compiler should have a function that checksthe declared variables to see if all of them are used in the code. If it finds out that some variable is not used, but only declared, the compiler should issue a comment saying that some variable is not used anywhere (i.e., it is kind of redundant).

elritmo:
It would also be nice to be able to select a code block and have it auto-formatted with indents. We often have to copy or delete chunks of code and code text alignment takes time and is annoying. Also it is very convenient to highlight {} () or place cursor near it, it will be highlighted. This is also convenient in well-known code editors.

I fully support the highlighting of parentheses - it would make it easier for many programmers, considerably easier.

To avoid overloading the CPU, you could put a button like "Highlight parentheses" on the toolbar. Highlight the desired bracket, press the button, and the related bracket will be highlighted too.