Wishes for MQL5 - page 104

Svinozavr >> :

I think we're just grouchy. Not because it's irrelevant, but because it's already been decided. It's like with elections - you can make noise, you can even vote, but the right person will get elected.

By the way, it's a pity the forum engine doesn't allow you to run votes (or does it?).

In general, it is not clear why this thread is not erased - 09.09 is red (from shame, I think), and what we write in it. Unless it's just to grumble...

It's not too late to make improvements to MT4 and call it MT5.

It's both cheaper for the developer himself and guaranteed to make all users happy.

chief2000 >> :

It is not too late to make improvements to MT4 and call it MT5.

It's cheaper for the developer and guaranteed to make all users happy.

:0) Yeah. Then the main request to MQL5 is as follows:

PLEASE DON'T!!!

))))) Just kidding... OK, we'll get through this.

I would very much like to be able to trade the stock markets normally, those data tables for instruments, as well as the history of all deals on them, viewing the portfolio and so on.

I would really like to have normal trading in the stock markets, those tables of data on instruments, as well as the history of all trades in them, viewing of portfolios, etc...

It seems to me that it would not hurt for an EA to be able to find out the MT version - not the broker name, not the standard 4.0 / 5.0, but the full version, including the build.

Sajan >> :

I think it would be useful for an EA to be able to know the version of the MT - not the broker name, not the standard 4.0 / 5.0, but the full version including build.

Download the help, it's in there.

It seems to me that the problem of impossibility to draw using indicators can be solved without allowing multiple EAs to run on a chart.

You need to create a special event (function) ONTickScreen(), which can be used in indicators

instead of (!!! but not at the same time with ONCalculate ), which will be called every tick.

It should work by the start() type in MQL4 indicators.

BUT :

1. All buffers created will be internal and inaccessible from eksperts and scripts.

2. The length of the buffers should automatically be equal to the screen length.

3. It will be possible to allow access to time-series arrays with a length that matches the screen length.

4. Allow calling by iCustom() only indicators of OnCalculate type

This will simply divide indicators into two types :

1. OnCalculate indicators (calculators) for use in programs. They can not draw at all.

2. ONTickScreen() indicators ( drawers) for displaying information.

Rosh >> :

Download the help file and it will tell you how to do it.

missing a function

FileEof ( handle )

when reading unstructured text files - catch the end of the file

e.g. empty lines inside the file

AAA

BBBBBB

TTT yy R

LLL

string  FileTXT = "test.txt";
     int  handle = FileOpen(FileTXT,FILE_TXT);
     while ( FileEof( handle ) == false )  // проверяем FEOF
     {
         string str = FileReadString( handle);
     }
     FileClose( handle);

YuraZ писал(а) >>

function is missing

FileEof ( handle )

when reading unstructured text files - catch the end of the file

e.g. empty lines inside the file

AAA

BBBBBB

TTT yy R

LLL

The FileIsEnding(handle) functiondefines the end of a file when it is read.

stringo >> :

The FileIsEnding(handle) functiondetects the end of a file while reading.

Thank you!

Didn't see it.

For graphical text objects like OBJ_TEXT and OBJ_LABEL increase the string length. 20 symbols, which is very few in MT4 now. And it would be good to explain these limitations in the help.