Wishes for MQL5 - page 94

I can't go 90 pages :) Maybe it already has.

Regarding switch

See mql5_russian.chm::/switch.htm:

Каждый вариант case может быть помечен целой константой, символьной константой или константным выражением. Константное выражение не может включать переменные или вызовы функций. Выражение оператора switch должно быть целого типа.

So the switch is still there. Only integers... The progress in the game is amazing.

Dear Developers, maybe it was just a mistake in the documentation and I am barking up the wrong tree?

Babay писал(а) >>

So it's still there.

Show me a language where switch works with non-integral types?

burguy писал(а) >>

...so that the DC doesn't technically know if the order is sent from the EA script or manually....We wait and hope.

Oh... The kitchen will soon know what kind of underwear I'm wearing... Or maybe I'm not even wearing any :) My boy's super-indicator really took a piss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRfmETZCCsQ. You're a warrant... scripts...

TheXpert писал(а) >>

Show me a language where switch operator works with non-integral types?

Well... VB... Select Case

Babay >> :

So... VB... Select Case

OK, switch is power. But the only advantage is code readability, so it's not a great disadvantage for a highly specialized application language.

TheXpert писал(а) >>

OK, switch is power. Except that the only advantage is code readability, so it's not a huge disadvantage for a highly specialized application language.

What the fuck is readability if the built-in editor is as crooked as a Turkish sword? It can be argued: huge or not, narrow or wide, readability... And I'd like to get an answer from MQL5 developers or those close to the realities of MQL5, what's the matter with switch? Do you know it yourself?

Babay >> :

What the fuck is readability when the built-in editor is as crooked as a Turkish sabre? You can argue: huge or not, narrow or wide, readability... And I'd like to get an answer from MQL5 developers or those close to the realities of MQL5, what's the matter with switch? Do you know it yourself?

We purposely added one more example to the description of switch operator.

Rosh писал(а) >>

Specially added another example to the description of the switch operator.

Well, I mean, only intergroups... As written... Alas :((

switch is originally a switch-switch, i.e. its state-positions belong to the set of natural numbers.

Hi all, can you tell me which code to use to replace the missing iHighest function to find the maximum high for N period? ...tried a combination of copyHigh and fmax, but it's an extreme... help please