Wishes for MQL5 - page 44

santacruz:

Instead of MagicNumber to make tags - possibility to put/remove > than 1 tag.

OrderSetTag("buy1", "Atr1", "asdf");

It would also be nice to see 5 versions of Cagi Renko Charts Shadow Candles X-Zeros and more.

sumkin:

Instead of MagicNumber to make tags - possibility to put/remove > than 1 tag.

OrderSetTag("buy1", "Atr1", "asdf");

It would also be nice to see 5 versions of Cagi Renko Charts Shadow Candlesticks Cross Zeros.And much more.

I have already suggested negative indexes for arrays. I would like to add a couple of words. This is due to the fact that I have encountered several attempts to predict using autocorrelation functions.

As you know, ACF is an even function. In technical applications the right part is usually used, where time flows forward.

In MQL, time flows to the left, backwards, while the right part can be used to make predictions. How it can be used is a question of another branch.

It follows from what I've written that the origin should be set at the first bar already formed, i.e. it should be considered zero.

The forming bar will have an index (-1) and will be the first of the "predicted" ones.

I also have two more questions for everyone who can answer.

1, Can I open a deal for another symbol (for example, USDYPY) from an EA that works for one symbol (for example, EURUSD)?

2 Can an EA working for one instrument read the readings of an indicator, that works for another instrument?

edwkhan:

1 Can an EA working on one instrument (e.g. EURUSD) open a trade on another instrument (e.g. USDYPY)?

2 Can an EA working for one instrument read the readings of an indicator working for another instrument?

Yes, you can.

You need to open a symbol in market overview for which you want to open an order.

In order to obtain the indicator values from another symbol, the chart of the

of a corresponding symbol and corresponding period that is used in the indicator.

(of course this tool should be in the market review)

And you can use indications of this indicator from any Expert Advisor attached to any pair.

DENISka:
edwkhan:

1 Can an EA working on one instrument (e.g. EURUSD) open a trade on another instrument (e.g. USDYPY)?

2 Can an EA working for one instrument read the readings of an indicator working for another instrument?

Yes, you can.

You need to open a symbol in market overview for which you want to open an order.

In order to obtain the indicator values from another symbol, the chart of the corresponding symbol must be open

of a corresponding symbol and the corresponding period that is used in the indicator.

(this symbol should be present in the market review, of course)

And you can use the readings of this indicator from any Expert Advisor attached to any pair.

How to do it - can you show me examples?

I'm still just looking at forex :(!

In the light of wishes for MQL5, it will be interesting for everyone to read. Both for developers and amateur programmers, there are two articles:

Put in a good word about compilers

http://www.opticode.ru/art/art3.html

Assembler and high-level languages: myths, legends, tales and other heresies

http://www.opticode.ru/art/art1.html

It would be nice if with global variables

double GlobalVariableGet(

string name )

DOUBLE = GlobalVariableGet ( string name )

could be handled by

not only like DUBLE

but also int, string, bool, datetime

edwkhan:
DENISka:
edwkhan:

Yes, you can.

In order to obtain the indicator values from another symbol, the chart of the

of a corresponding symbol and the corresponding period that is used in the indicator.

(this symbol should be present in the market review, of course)

And you can use the readings of this indicator from any Expert Advisor attached to any pair.

How to do it - can you show me examples?

I am still just looking at Forexe :(!

Thanks a lot, I will try to figure it out.

Today's excursions in the account history field have demonstrated the need for

one more important function: to set this history depth using µl4

HistoryDepth(int p) set the period of history

0-all, 1-day, 2-week, 3-month, 4-quarter, 5-semester, 6-year

(meaning calendar dates)

Example usage:

In order not to keep all the history the user has set a week in the terminal.

But the script, for example, needs to make a report for another period, say for a month...

So in the first lines we write HistoryDepth(3); translate and load history, the answer will be OK!

After that the user code is already working...

Finished, again HistoryDepth(2) will put everything in place.

kombat:

one more important function: to set the depth of this history using µl4

(meaning calendar dates)

Example usage:

But the script, for example, needs to make a report for another period, say for a month...

So in the first lines we write HistoryDepth(3); translate and load history, the answer comes OK!

Finished, again HistoryDepth(2) puts everything in its place.

In other words, the Expert Advisor or indicator must learn to "forget" the history starting from a certain moment. I think this feature is absolutely necessary, if only for the sake of calculation speed and resource saving. I categorically support it.

kombat:

one more important function: to set the depth of this history using µl4

(meaning calendar dates)

Example usage:

So in the first lines we write HistoryDepth(3); translate and load history, the answer will be OK!

Finished, again HistoryDepth(2) puts everything in place.

I liked it too, but HistoryDepth( datetime dtDAT) is more functional

dd = TimeCurrent() - 86400 * 15; // always see 15 days ago

HistoryDepth( dd );

i.e. it's up to us to decide how much depth to put, not constants 0 1 2...

because it can take say a week and a half or 3 days or 11 days, 35 days ... etc