Wishes for MQL5 - page 36

stringo писал (а):
What's not to understand? French King Louis XIII moved New Year's Day to January 1st. He banned April 1st and declared April 1st to be April Fools' Day. So that on April 1st the law-abiding French would laugh at the lawless French. Or maybe it wasn't the French, but the English. Or maybe it wasn't Louis XIII but Henry IV. But that's about it.
Heh.) I didn't dig that deep. I just wanted a rational point behind the fun fling.

"Hello, young lady, did a man in a grey mackintosh, unsure of himself, all wrinkled, come from you this morning? Well, don't be shy, that's not what I want to know... Yeah, so it was me after all. Thanks, sorry. It doesn't matter if it was Louis or Henry, it's New Year's Eve.)

A suggestion for the most part to the unit. Make clear formatting of the code. Example:

Imho, this view greatly improves the perception of the code...

This tool has been posted before, but it's stand-alone, not integrated. I just wish I could find it...

'What can you 'tidy up' the code with?

MetaEditor 5 will have built-in styles.

Mathemat:
Maxthon has a personal hotkey - <Ctrl-Yo>. It collapses completely, not even into tray, as if it doesn't exist at all. Even <Alt-Tab> doesn't show it. This is great.
For MT4 this can be organized by a small (but very useful) nncron utility. I have such a construction:

WatchHotKey: "^z" (Ctrl+z combination).
Action:
ALL WIN-HIDE: "MetaQuotes*"

It minimizes both the terminal and the editor as if they do not exist at all.

Mathemat:

This tool has been posted before, but it's stand-alone, not integrated. I just wish I could find it...

Notepad++ does the same thing. I use it to correct errors. And if you have a compiler, you can run it from the editor

Vinin:
Mathemat:

Notepad++ does a similar thing. I edit errors in it. And if there is a compiler, you can run it from the editor

Yes, yes. That's the screenshot from Notepad++.

MetaEditor 5 will have integrated styles.

Great.

MetaEditor - "Toolbox" window.

If warnings "Function "la-la-fa" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file" more than 1, group them into one line "xxx functions not used, etc.". When you click on a line it expands into a list of these very functions, when you click again it collapses. The "collapsed" state is retained between launches of the editor. When one function is not used, the string does not appear.

Thus, it is easier to navigate through the errors which are not visible in the long list of unused functions from the included libraries.
Thank you.

I'm under the impression that it's a waste of time to display messages about functions that are not in use. Maybe no one really needs this message?

Sometimes it is useful when seriously modifying some source code. But for include-files it seems redundant - they are often not expected to use 100% of everything they contain.