Wishes for MQL5 - page 29

Cronex:

In the position of viewing the market situation as histrionic, I beg to differ with you... But this is my own opinion. In the case of a profitable order it does make sense to look at the higher timeframe to decide whether to wait for a small pullback and continue working with the order at a higher timeframe or just close it for lack of success.

I'm not saying that market history should not be taken into account. In fact it is the only thing that can and should be taken into account.

I'm saying that it does not make sense (harmful) to take into account the date and price of opening an order. In that sense majik is a means to maintain illusions :) Don't want to repeat myself, have a look here.

And on the wire, I don't think majik will do. Imagine how many woeful programmers there are. In some programs, a request for a majik will certainly get into a loop and overload the server. And if even one such program goes into circulation, it will be the end of the whole technology.

SK. писал (а):

And on the wire, I don't think there will be any majic. Imagine how many miserable programmers there are. In some programs, a request for a majik will surely get into a loop and load the server. If even one such program goes into circulation, the entire technology will be ruined.

I think I was wrong: I wasn't suggesting to request it separately from the server. I suggested only overriding it when OrderModify is called.

SK. писал (а): Imagine how many misguided programmers there are. In some programs, a request to CHANGE a majik is bound to get into a loop and load the server.

I see what you mean..... the danger does exist. Just like with rearranging SL and TP.

Cronex:
SK. wrote (a): Imagine how many woeful programmers there are. In some programs, a request to CHANGE a majik is bound to get into a loop and load the server.

I see what you mean..... the danger does exist. Just like with shifting SL and TP

This is already a detail of what they won't do without you and me:) But if it were, the request or response would also be assumed - how you look at it. For example, a change on the server SL from one PC connected to the account would respond by displaying the new SL value on all PCs connected to the account.

You and I are like Dobczynski and Bobczynski:

Bobchinsky. ... "Eh!" I say to Peter Ivanovich...
Dobczynski. No, Pyotr Ivanovich, I said: "э!"
Bobchinsky. First you said it, and then I said it. "Э! - Peter Ivanovich and I said. - "And why should he sit here, when the road for him
to Saratov province?"

SK. писал (а):

Yes... All that the user can do to bring the system to its knees he will do. Even without coming to their senses :-)

Unfortunately, as a consequence, many products are overloaded with checks and rechecks, interface protection against "foolishness" and accidental, unpredictable user actions.

Recently I had to communicate with a customer who interpreted the "Approved" status of an official document somewhat peculiarly. The document is sort of approved and signed, but everything in it can be changed without further re-consideration and re-approval. Imagine as an example: you send a payment order to the bank, the bank faithfully executes it, and you then, having corrected the original document, come to the bank and make a raid with the wording "incorrect execution of the payment order".

Cronex:

Unfortunately, as a consequence of this, many products are overloaded with check and recheck functionality, interface protection from "fools" and accidental unpredictable user actions.

Yes, I am well aware of that. For this reason I had to spend a lot of time to make the program foolproof, so the work has already stretched out for half a year. And all because the user can change the colour or appearance of the control icon and then complain.

By the way, on the topic of this thread. There is a need for programmatically adjustable object properties: prohibit/allow changes in colour, size, font, highlighting, deletion, etc.

Let me remind you that it is possible to run the terminal without a graphical interface.
For example the same championship, clearly a well-functioning expert does not need a graphical interface.

A big request to make it possible to run an EA (indicator, script), not only on the arrival of a new tick, but in different ways

I need

1. By tick
  2. By time
  3. By external event, important for connecting to calculations of other matrices.

Maybe like this 3 function start

Start 0 {} // works by tick

Start 1 {} // works by time (select every second, minute, hour, etc.)

Start 2 {} // runs on an external event, say when an external program has completed calculations and the data has been updated in that program's calculation results file.

Thanks in advance.

It may also be useful to be able to organise user indicators by groups in folders on the file system. It's not a good idea to have a bunch of indicators in one folder :-)

It would also be nice to be able to set a fixed price scale (pips/pixel) with the scale limits automatically changing by multiples of a given value, e.g. 5 or 10 pips.