Stochastic indicator. A curious observation. - page 14

fxxx писал(а) >>

Leonid, have you tried envelopes with Sto +50\-50 ?

Even take Sto Histo (already tested) and play around;

also Sto Momentum.... hmmm... interesting

I didn't quite understand your post.

But the general observation is this. Envelope has been tried with a lot of indulators in the . iEnvelopesOnArray mode.

I get quite good results during optimization. But outside the optimization period we can observe a sad tendency - collapse. With various tools (trawl, filters, etc. ), it slows down. But it still takes place. Only "agony is prolonged".

As for signals from different timeframes I did not experiment.

But you can use it as a script, it opens exact positions if you specify where.

Sta2066 >> :
There's no rule of thumb - never work against the trend. But you can use it as a script - the pose opens exactly if you specify where.

I wouldn't say it's accurate.

sllawa3 >> :

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT... IN AZ IT CAN BE CALLED AN ADJUSTABLE WIDTH WIZARD... WORKS IN PRINCIPLE WITH A NORMAL WIZARD INSTEAD (WITH IT MORE POSSIBILITIES IN OPTIMISATION )

Files:
a4_4.mq4  8 kb

leonid553 писал(а) >>

I didn't quite understand your post.

But the general observation is this. I have tried it with many indulators in iEnvelopesOnArray mode.

During optimization quite good results are obtained. But outside the optimization period we can observe a sad tendency - collapse. With various tools (trawl, filters, etc. ), it slows down. But it still takes place. Only "agony is prolonged".

I have not experimented with signals from different timeframes.

I don't understand it myself : )))))))

a lot of interesting stuff, but .... it turns out to be a shame - as Bukkiper said: no matter how you slice it, all roads lead to Rome

iStdDevOnArray must have been tried too.

someone else said long ago about Sto (and not only): good turkey but don't forget to optimize it at least once a year - every winter; it is also important to double-check in summer, autumn - by itself and spring - by all means

By the way, if limit=Bars-counted_bars+TimeFrame/Period() in mtf;

leave only limit=Bars-counted_bars

it will draw (and leave) the current values of mtf 100 of the older timeframe - the history - but it won't keep them - when updated - it will erase them

I.e., in real time, if you put it on a separate chart and keep it somewhere in the corner without switching timeframes, we'll have history (from the moment of opening), but if you update - everything, gone... the method is certainly not the most....

VBAG писал(а) >>
The unipolarity of the indicator - can be fixed:
- The default indicator uses High and Close formed by Bid - that's the whole point. This is a gross mistake!!! Especially for stochastics!!! And especially on small periods!!!
I'm not a programmer, don't judge severely, I improved the standard stochastic for myself. It works properly:

stochastic-stochastic I can't figure out how to trade at all, already going nuts!!!!!

I will show one of my basic EA working with stochastics, it is relatively stable against MA. In general I look closer to stochastics.

Optimized on M5 from 01.102008 to 20.01.2009 (works on formed bars). When tested in the tester for the whole year 2008 it shows profit without large drawdowns.

For signals it analyses two timeframes and takes the arithmetic mean of 5 stochastics, and so for each timeframe. The code is raw, it is tested on demo yet.

I have added an indicator purely for visualization of the arithmetic mean value of the bundle of 5 stochastics (EA does not require it), you should fill it with the values the Expert Advisor works with.

It would be good to improve the second timeframe, so that it would show both of them on the same M5, otherwise when switching the timeframe we have to change values of stochastics. I have a lot of free time, which is not enough.

And do not forget to share your experiences, please.

Files:

And a set file to go with it