Automated Trading Championship 2007: common mistakes in experts - page 11

notused:
We only use pending orders and have no problems with requotes (I haven't used direct orders for three years now, including close orders)

What is it like, a pending close order ? Considering the limit of 3 orders for the contest.

Trailing stop rules (especially with such indents (StopLevel) as in the championship), and a takeprofit can be set

notused:
Trailing stop rules (especially with such indents (StopLevel) as in the championship), and a takeprofit can be set

And what is the StopLevel at the Pound-Yen Championship????

Stop-loss is loss limitation and take-profit is profit limitation. No need for take profit :)

meta-trader2007 писал (а):
notused:
Trailing stop rules (especially with such indentations (StopLevel) as in the championship), well, and takeprofit can be put

And what is the StopLevel on the Pound-Yen Champ????

7 pips.

Valmars:
Renat:

I wonder if it would be an error if an EA did not handle re-quotes? And can an EA be removed from the Championship because of it?

It is difficult to detect this problem neither in the Strategy Tester, nor in demo mode or even in microreal-time. At least it did not occur at least once during one month of testing. However, it seems that organizers have decided to feed us with requotes in this championship. I judge it as an Expert Advisor tried to close an order on a generally calm market but got requotes. And this despite the fact that RefreshRates() immediately precedes OrderClose(). Well, error 138 is received and the order keeps working. Of course, the logic is broken, but it is not too bad.

Gentlemen, are your creators ready to fight requotes?

I open in a calm market and with a large margin

SLIPPAGE = 9 euros

did not detect any requotes yet

i have no scalping so 9p +2 spd back and forth would not do much - it would be worse if the signal was missed by 35 - 100 - 200 -> p because of requotes

in general, slippage should probably be selected upon the last period volatility + somehow build some logic for requote handling

It is strange that my Expert Advisor optimized for EURJPY H1 has been tested on EURUSD M5. Does it have to be tested only on EURUSD M5?

It's strange, they would test it on Gold or CFD M1 just for fun.

I was thinking to make foolproof and harden everything, but I didn't think it would be so funny ))))

Nikols2007:

It is strange that my Expert Advisor optimized for EURJPY H1 has been tested on EURUSD M5. Does it have to be tested only on EURUSD M5?

I was thinking to make foolproof and harden everything, but I didn't think it would be so funny ))))

You have to protect yourself from yourself :) Probably the bug put in the profile testing on eurusd m5

Nikols2007:

You should be more attentive. You chose EURUSD M5 in your profile yourself:

What does this error mean?

'500491': modification of order #4881483 buy 0.10 GBPJPY at 237.43 sl: 236.86 tp: 0.00 -> sl: 237.10 tp: 0.00 failed [Off quotes]