Bill Williams and his strategies... - page 29

On the straight BV version, is the EA the same as the one posted, i.e. all 5 dimensions, or has something been dropped?

ZZZEROXXX:
For the direct B.V. variant the EA is the same as posted, i.e. all 5 dimensions, or has something been dropped?

Everything is the same.

Guys, I'm posting two EAs: 1. ProfitunityDirect - by five dimensions of B.Williams - working version (with control of opening of a new bar) - made from code for three screens of A. Elder.Elder, therefore pay no attention to the code sections that involve variables and the trawl of the market order by two APR, as well as variables and calculations of SL and TP levels - in functions (include) - variables, tral_stop.mqh - used only for trawl of the pending order ("special blue colour" - by B. Williams), orn_ord.mqh, besides that, the working version does not fully use the inform function and indicator, instead, in the visualization mode when working "by candlesticks" through F12 - step by step, in the "log" tab window of the strategy tester, it is possible to see which function does what (opening and setting an order by which measurement and the values of the variables significant for this event (analog of inform - I have bound the trading functions work)), also the function t_trend_period, responsible for the "higher" filter is not yet activated - everything is from the B. Williams' book.All from the beginning in B. Williams's book.

2.ProfitunityInvers - inverse version of the first owl, i.e. if the first owl catches and works out the trend areas - how? (see video in this thread here - last post in the archive), then the inverse version works in flat, when price returns to its moving average. In this version, I left all corrections of comments in the Criterion inclusion without changes, but I added appropriate comments in the Trade() function calling it, i.e. where previously buying and investing (in the direction of possible trend movement, now we sell and invest in the direction of possible price reversal to its moving average). Besides, we take into account there and there respective prices for opening and placing orders both in long and short positions.

In general, the first and second strategies need improvement - in particular they need a "senior" trend-flat switch (within which they both would feel good), for example, to work on the first strategy on H1, H4 within some "older " filter (say, ADX on D1, by the way, its calculation is present in Criterion.mqh based on data from t_trend_period function ), which defines the global trend ... The structure of the Expert Advisor is modular, according to the tutorial - here. Maybe someone will want to improve the proposed versions of owls and share their methods and results.

Here are some examples of the work of owls on H4 from the beginning of 2010 up to the present time

The amount of deals has 7 different values but this is within the error tolerance and may be caused by pending orders' setting and trawling as a result of their failure. Steep vertical rise of the balance chart in the first picture is a trend workout of the first owl in September (video above), it plummets in flat areas... The steep pick on the second picture is a second owl loss during the September reverse trend of the last year also on H4 timeframe, but it is getting better and very well at the rest of the timeframe - the angle of the balance line is clearly over 45 degrees. :-)))

Actually, when testing those owls in pure form on EURUSD on H4 and timeframes from 2001 up to now, the second variant appeared better... (and this second one is a flat owl - it looks better on EURGBP, of course).

P.S. The code is not optimal in writing, the questions of drawing algorithms to determine the trading criteria and their translation into the code, I have decided "directly," so the criticism can be left to itself, however, will take into account specific ways to improve the performance of both systems, you can directly in this thread and look ...

P.P.S. The attached file consists of archive - reports of work of owls, folder experts, which contains folders include and indicators - placed in the similar folders of their terminals, as well as the owls themselves with a file of settings - *.set. After unzipping you place the contents of the folders in similar folders of your client terminals and go... - Place on different terminals, as the names of the subdirectories are the same.

Files:
experts_1.zip  207 kb

The stupid thing is that neither the first one nor the mirror chart ends up being ah-ha for trading. )))) We'll look into it during the week. I wonder if Williams himself traded on what he came up with or not =) So far the only obvious plus of his strategy is a very formalistic approach to trading that should be a role model for any beginner (imitation in pursuit of formalization but not in respect of trading of course).

Bill's strategy is unambiguously profitable, the main thing is to choose the right tool and timeframe. After about a year of work I made a complete Expert Advisor. It is very good for tool selection during testing (which one is suitable and which one is not). I initially had some good results on a real account, but because of the size of the account I lost profits due to drawdowns and the error of full control of all orders. I have not made any mistakes during testing and it shows strategy profitability. Video of running in tester on YOU TUBE:https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymj2sO-frpM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIaf2YgZ9yE&feature=related

This is the cocoa at BROCO

C-COUNT This is a staple of contracts for analysis . Install the BROCO terminal and you will see

lucka88:
But when tested, there are no errors and it shows the profitability of the strategy .

A confirmation stack would be nice.

<br/ translate="no">

Guys, I am pasting the report from strategy tester (in the trailer) test on H4 of B.Williams' five dimensional EA without any optimization of its parameters - all entries are strictly by his book (outputs have been changed).

Improvements: owl works inside a "major trend filter on D1", in owl there are added stop levels, take levels for each order, trawl common for all orders - simple, from profit area at 120 real points. Values are taken as "averages" from the working range, the system is a medium term trend (orders are mostly from about a month (2 weeks) to a quarter) - so stop loss = 250 real points, TP = 1400 real points (for a four digits). Exit is at these levels. If there is interest, I can post this owl (for obvious reasons) without the "senior trend" filter.

This post was intended to show that at present (at least in the strategy tester) B.Williams' system shows quite good results... I'm currently optimizing the values of those levels and trawl types since 2002-2010, it writes: 16 hours left. In any case, there is room to dig ... - I think this is the main thing. Let's keep digging. From 2010 will be forward - rezy - I will put in this branch.

The FV = 13, which I think is quite a good indicator for B.Williams' system with acceptable drawdown and percentage of profitable trades.

Files:

Oooh, that's nice, even very nice. The only thing I would like to know is how many orders were opened in one direction at the most, maybe to limit it somehow.

"Senior trend filter on D1" - sounds mysterious, but seems to be effective.