Bill Williams and his strategies... - page 9

This man - made millions with a minimum set - at that time there were no currency markets and he knew all about the chaos and the behaviour of prices only by moving averages - and fractals

the book is all there - http://www.profitunity.narod.ru/ntd.html

This book will open most people's eyes - because the market is a chaotic system - price settlement by the greatest sacrifice of all players -

What Williams describes in his books is unfortunately only the "tip of the iceberg". For example, I find his advice on exiting the market more than questionable. The same with angulation - a bullish or bearish reversal bar is not yet a signal. ))) Williams himself talks about 10% a month or 300% a year. He suggests not to worry about this, because he calls his TS low-rent trading. After all, the fractal breakdown is always a buy or sell at the highs and lows. And everybody saw very well how the price often and strongly rolls in the opposite direction.

But Chaos theory contains much more potential for trading. I read in this thread that Chaos has a memory. Didn't know that. ))) So it is easily calculated using slightly modified BW MFI, which I consider masterpieces along with AO and AC (or rather their formulas). I will not say anything about the alligator and fractals yet.

Here is an example of the last movement of the Euro on D1. All lines are automatically drawn relative to the blue area. There are Fibo levels, time zones, channel lines, support/resistance. The price moves between these structures like glued. What more proof do you need? )))

Here's another example. ))) All the indices are also built using Williams formulas with some additions. And I will tell you - this TS catches perfectly all Eliot waves that people in one of the neighboring threads are going crazy about. ))) But it is not suitable for automatic trading, because it is not formalized, because it is Chaos )))

And this is my very first attempt at writing )))) Only fractals are used here )))) A lot of controversy, but you can earn good money too ))))

artikul:

And this is my very first attempt at writing )))) Only fractals are used here )))) A lot of controversy, but you can earn good money too ))))

The only person who really made good money on this "theory" is Bill Williams himself, selling his books and profitunity courses. I think the topic was relevant 5-6 years ago. Now any false theory, such as Elliott Waves or "trading chaos" can be found out with simple backtests. It is no longer relevant for discussion. And the fact that among dozens of channels and lines of different modified AO there are some that coincide with the actual price dynamics is not surprising.

C-4:

The only person who has really made good money from this "theory" is Bill Williams himself, selling his books and courses on profitunity. I think the topic was relevant about 5-6 years ago. Now any false theory, such as Elliott Waves or "trading chaos" can be found out with simple backtests. It is no longer relevant for discussion. And there is nothing surprising that among dozens of channels and lines of various modified AO we can find a couple that will coincide with the actual price dynamics.
This proves once again that someone else's TS have not made anyone a multimillionaire, and that it is impossible to make money using the information that is known to all. And I am even a little pleased that you do not understand what I was trying to say. Try to think otherwise, for example there may be ideas, for which Eliot waves or "chaos theory" are just special cases, which only confirm a more general idea of how the price moves. Sort of like Bartini's LT table theory. If we change the dimensionality, we obtain Eliot waves, if we change it again, we get Chaos theory, if we change it again, we obtain Japanese candlestick patterns, etc. And all of this is about the same thing, just at a different level of detail. The truth is, you know, multi-dimensional stuff. )))

When something doesn't work, the only explanation that can explain it is that it really doesn't work, but there is a certain mythical vision, a certain selection of parameters, certain people who can make a profit on it. You might as well argue that someone has developed a roulette prediction system and is making money from it, or someone has invented a machine of the future and is also making money from it. But none of that is true. I don't think there's even a single person making money on Elliot theory or trading chaos, although there are plenty of people making money on luck using those same "theories".

C-4: I don't think there's a single person who makes money on Elliot's theory.

Too categorical. There are such people - and not writers, but real traders. Have you ever heard of Sir Yaga Pyramid (nickname - //\\\ )?

Not to mention Prechter & Co...

Mathemat:
Too categorical. There are such people - and not writers, but real traders. Have you ever heard of Sir Yaga Pyramidych (nickname - //\\\ )?

No, I haven't. However, I understand your feelings, Alexey, because you yourself are a follower of Elliot's theory.

But there is no doubt that Syrah Yag's main horse is his pyramid trading. Generally speaking, pyramiding (or, as it is also called, averaging) is an increase in the volume of a position in the course of a trend. Grandfather could develop this direction of trading like no other.

And this is worthy of the forum analogue. And furthermore, as far as I understand it, Piramidych has not got any confirmed results.

No, I'm not. Yes, it was interesting once. But now I am not interested, because it is unformalizable.

на сколько я понимаю, ни каких подтвержденных результатов у Пирамидыча нет.

If you do not believe in anything, you can shoot yourself. Why on earth would he post these results?

At one time I used to hang out on the fxo3.ru forum. I read much of what Piramidych himself wrote. He was literate and intelligent, with a talent for exposition and persuasion.

I used to communicate with him when the translation of Balan's book was ready and my translation was to be estimated by the author. We had a normal conversation. He was not happy with everything, but I took his criticism into account.

Pyramiding (or, as it is also called, averaging).

No, the averaging (dilution) is something else. It is a build-up of a position when there is a drawdown, i.e. when it is unprofitable.

Perhaps he is a great lecturer or philosopher. I don't argue with that. But that in itself does not mean any outstanding results. Anyway, everyone uses what they want. That's his right. There's plenty of room on the market for everyone.