MetaTrader History Center: Preliminary information - page 2

Berserk:

So it will be possible to download minutiae for all pairs since 1999?
And what, if not a secret, is the source of the data?

Do you know what the source of forex is?

Hmmm... but really, where is the "source" where all the brokers get their prices from?

How long I've been trading and I still don't know that... :)

Renat писал (а):
Berserk:

I meant the quote provider (eSignal, tenfore, Reuters, CQG, any of the brokers?)

Renat писал (а):
Berserk:

As far as I remember (I read it in some magazine), brokers get quotes from their banks. These banks in turn receive quotes from the bigger banks where they are serviced as clients. And so on up the chain. At the very top are the 25 largest banks in the world, of which one is Morgan Bank, which owns virtually 50% of all the money in the world. While the 25 banks have $80 trillion, Morgan Bank has $42 trillion. So the quotes are coming out of Morgan Bank all the way down the chain to each individual broker.... Interestingly, only 1 trillion of Morgan Bank's $42 trillion actually comes out of it, and the rest of the money within that bank is flowing electronically from account to account. Incidentally, virtually all the reserve funds of countries around the world (including the US and Russia) are in accounts at this Morgan bank.
One more thing. As far as I remember, bidding quotes are distributed by Reuters news agency. These are summarised from the trading results of the biggest banks.

Renat писал (а):
All data is recalculated to the timezone of the broker where the import is going.

Rolling back the quotes is very simple - do a forced Refresh on the open chart (right-click menu) and re-download the available data from your broker's server. Of course this will result in increased traffic. In addition, a manual directory dump is always available.

Within a week we will run this service in test mode, and then we will put it out to public beta testing.

We'll wait impatiently. :)

Sooooo... when are we going to try this miracle ????????????????????????????????????????????

Looking forward to it! :)

Developers! When will it be? I'm drooling!

ZS

Thank you in advance.

How will the inclusion of the (checkbox) Recalculate in the tester affect this? When it is enabled, will it take quotes from the chart, or quotes downloaded from History Centre?