BUY PROFITABLE ADVISOR !!!!!!!!!!!! - page 18

sever30:
A single trade that results in a drawdown of a third of the depo is a bad trade, I don't like that kind of strategy... I would understand a synchronous drawdown of several EAs in the same account, or several cycles of one EA whose stop-losses entered into resonance... . IMHO
Yes, there may be one order in drawdown or several. Whatever. The main thing is to choose a set according to oneself. In general, for the last month I have not observed more than 30% drawdown.

dpg03: Just in case: if the bot gains funds, the 35% drawdown has no effect on anything, not on the depo, but on the funds. You can sleep easy and laugh at what they are saying on RBC and similar smart guys.

The drawdown in MT4 seems to be counted incorrectly. But this is my imho. It should not be counted from the maximum funds reached, but from the maximum achieved depo.

There was a depo of 10,000. I opened a buy 1.0 order on the EUR and the price went up by 100 pips. Maximum equity was 11000 i.e. 100 pips on the upside. But then the price rolled back down and the order was closed only at 20 points plus, i.e. at 10200 equity.

Technically there was a drawdown of 800 quid, i.e. about 7.3%. But it was not really there: it was just an unrecorded profit.

And if the price was falling and the equity reached $2500, but then the price went up and the order was closed in profit, for example at $10200 equity, was there a drawdown of $7500?

Mathemat:

The drawdown in MT4 seems to be counted incorrectly. But this is my imho. It should not be counted from the maximum funds reached, but from the maximum depo reached.

There was a depo of 10000. I opened a buy 1.0 order on the EUR and immediately the price went up by 100 points. Maximum equity was equal to 11000, i.e. 100 pips on the plus side. But then the price rolled back down and the order was closed only at 20 points plus, i.e. at 10200 equity.

Technically there was a drawdown of 800 quid, i.e. about 7.3%. But it was not really there: it was just an unrecorded profit.

That is, from the balance sheet. Depo + profit.

Ais:

And if the price was falling and the equity reached $2500, but then the price went up and the order was closed in profit, for example at $10200 equity, was there a drawdown of $7500?

Yes, we did. The balance before the trade was $10,000.

In both cases the balance before the trade was $10000, after the trade $10200.

In the first case min equity was equal to $10000, max equity $11000, the trade was closed with equity $10200, no drawdown.

In the second case, equity min was equal to $2500, equity max was equal to $11000, the trade was closed with equity of $10200, it suffered a drawdown.

The logic is clear, thank you.

Only it's not 113, it's 13%.

Mathemat:
Only not 113, but 13%.

Why did you upset the man? It's not enough that no one buys it, and the code does not earn much in the tester. ;)

dpg03 let me help you sell, here's the link, test it more as it says, I think you will sell the code for sure.

nchnch:

I started to write my Expert Advisor and started to check Bil William on history. I think there are profitable Expert Advisors among people, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. ( Besides, the Championship has even been organized).
If I have an Expert Advisor that gives 50% per month on Demo, I am ready to offer it. (In the future I can connect Metatrader to any exotic tool ( if justified). (My traders are ready to accept the offer and take it to the market.

Here email clin-p@inbox.ru or write directly here.

Vlad.

I have another thought about trading based on the price difference between two DCs. I just can't find two "different" DCs. But the robot works well. I can send you access to my account and see for yourself. My trade theme is called " Trade on the price difference between two brokerage companies". Here is the link: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/132418.

The account works and you can see trading on demo. My profit for the day was 1000 - 5000. Just more "different" brokers to find.

Can you tell me what are the prices of EAs in general? Let's say I have an EA that makes 10,000 - 9,000,000 in two years. How much should I sell it for? :) I need the money to start trading. I will not take a loan, I will trade on my own account. Thoughts?

Actually the testing could not finish because lots kept growing, the system started trading with 40 million lots and returning error 131 (wrong volumes), so I had to slow it down at the end of the third year of testing :)