Application of mathematical analysis and higher mathematics - page 11

Mathemat писал (а):

Why no one... The complete randomness of price behaviour (Brownian motion) is only one hypothesis about the market, and not a very good one at that. There are significant levels, Elliott waves etc.

This is closer to the body, maybe we should consolidate and try to simulate the market movement on the basis of these very levels, time and category of news release, etc.

To be honest, I don't see a way to create such a model with little effort. I know that the bourgeois have already managed to put the FA into code, and even more so the levels. But these are serious systems that cost a lot of money. Our business is small: the quotes history and technical analysis methods are available to us. It is something that can be formalized and even turned into a robot thanks to MQL4 language. I cannot understand how to estimate a vector of news influence on quotes. I need a lot of different statistics and ability to translate qualitative estimates into quantitative ones.

Mathemat писал (а):

To be honest, I don't see a way to create such a model with little effort. I know that the bourgeois have already managed to put the FA into code, and even more so the levels. But these are serious systems that cost a lot of money. Our business is small: the quotes history and technical analysis methods are available to us. It is something that can be formalized and even turned into a robot thanks to MQL4 language. I cannot understand how to estimate a vector of news influence on quotes. I need a lot of different statistics and ability to translate qualitative estimates into quantitative ones.

Maybe one should not try to formalize everything in details - there is a lot of noise on small timeframes.

Mathemat:

To be honest, I don't see a way to create such a model with little effort. I know that the bourgeois have already managed to put the FA into code, and even more so the levels. But these are serious systems that cost a lot of money. Our business is small: the quotes history and technical analysis methods are available to us. It is something that can be formalized and even transformed into a robot thanks to MQL4 language. I cannot understand how to estimate a vector of news influence on quotes. I need a lot of different statistics and ability to translate qualitative estimates into quantitative ones.

What's the name of the tool where the FA is in the code?

Yeah, and on the big ones, starting in a week, the Michigan uni indices and even NFP are small crap and don't even count :), because the real value comes from the real fundamentals, which create the trends.

2 njel: I don't know. I doubt it can just be bought through a web interface. ...

booga ga ga... cool... I'm working on it now... a sense-making system... booga ga ga... like an expert system that sees how much the eu and how much the quid are worth and realizes that such unemployment in the u.s. today is nothing more than.... in the grocery shops, and most likely tomorrow the eura will be worth .... eh screwed up...

Mathemat писал (а):

Why no one... The complete randomness of price behaviour (Brownian motion) is only one hypothesis about the market, and not a very good one at that. There are significant levels, Elliott waves etc.

Elliott waves are a shitty formalization, which is further confused by woeful analysts...

in fact, these waves have much deeper properties (and much more specific and definite than one would assume),
or rather, all these levels and waves are just the visible part of the iceberg, just the consequence of an inherently elementary process,
to understand which you don't even need a special mathematical education.
(I do not know much myself, but I know that the process can be described algebraically and geometrically with simple equations.
But by such peculiar banter I try to give people some food for thought :) )

Mathemat писал (а):

Our case is small: we have access to quotation histories and technical analysis methods.

The most interesting thing is that all methods of technical analysis are based on the essence of the process. i.e. if they are accurately formalized (which of course is not in textbooks), they should provide a statistical advantage close to 100%.
In a simple MTS it should give (according to a purely intuitive estimate) a profit factor of about 3 on absolutely any chart.

And the history for testing is simple:

1) in Excel cell A2 write "=A1+RAND()*2-1".
2) Stretch it in a corner (autofill function) by 1000 lines downwards...
3) form a line chart

That's all! The story is ready! )))

njel писал (а):
booga ga ga... cool... I'm working on it now... a sense-making system... booga ga ga... like an expert system that sees how much the eu and how much the quid are worth and realizes that such unemployment in the u.s. today is nothing more than.... in the grocery shops, and most likely tomorrow the eura will be worth .... eh screwed up...

the coolest expert system is your own head! :))

FION писал (а):
Mathemat wrote (a):

To be honest, I don't see a way to create such a model with little effort. I know that the bourgeois have already managed to put the FA into code, and even more so the levels. But these are serious systems that cost a lot of money. Our business is small: the quotes history and technical analysis methods are available to us. It is something that can be formalized and even turned into a robot thanks to MQL4 language. I cannot understand how to estimate a vector of news influence on quotes. I need a lot of different statistics and my skills to transform qualitative assessments into quantitative ones.

Maybe we shouldn't try to formalise everything to the smallest detail - there's a lot of noise on small timeframes.

Noise? I listen to Prodigie... it's killer music! And some people call it noise... and why? Because they don't understand it.
I'm the same way - I call what I don't want to systematize noise...

What's noise for a long-time pipser is big money for a pipser!