For those who are not programmers but have ideas for creating EAs, "dedicated to idea traders and programmers" - page 9

Can you help who is experienced, is it better to ask for one and a half million in cash or is it more convenient to pay by card?
If you can not delay with the answer, because in the morning I have to get ready early, and now I'll go wake up my wife, let her iron her dress shirt and clean her shoes, or else I will not pass face control at the bank.

Vita I have a big favor to ask you as a connoisseur and keeper of the tester! So here's the trouble, I got a little tired lately, and here as an evil wife ruined a suit while ironing, my hands are shaking poor thing, in vain showed her our family income for the past 40 minutes, but what's done is done, nothing can be done. So my point is, before I cash out, I need to buy a suit, cos you know how it is, they look at me and they don't believe I've earned it, they say I've stolen it... They're all stupid, they don't know about the tester and without the suit they may put me in a straitjacket as I will have to explain to them about the tester... So the suit was going to buy in the morning, and I do not have enough money, you as a connoisseur, curator, etc., etc. tester, could you help me finances in exchange for this adviser, you really know that this is a gold mine, right? I'll be looking forward to your response, the amount is small, only 4-5 thousands of those hated by everyone dollars, but compared to those guarantees of probability and statistics, it's just blah... ...a trifle... I hope you will not refuse me!

Daemon:

Can you help who is experienced, is it better to ask for one and a half million in cash or is it more convenient to pay by card?
If you can not delay with the answer, because in the morning I have to get ready early, and now I'll go wake up my wife, let her iron her dress shirt and clean her shoes, or else I will not pass the face control at the bank.

Yay! Although, it's all trivial - a grail trading inside a bar. Almost 30,000 trades on 512 bars. I understand why you don't trust the tester.

I'm not going to ask you any more, but have you tried it on the hourlies at least? In any case, I have never met an Expert Advisor that did not produce reliable test results. As a rule, after a peek in the future (albeit implicit and unintentional), we get quite real results in the tester. If you want, I can arrange it right here for you and your EA.

You've already given me a hell of a time, Petrosian and Zadornov. :) What I like about you is the ease with which you can understand another person and the stubbornness with which you cannot understand yourself :) You can understand the tester, but not yourself :)
I can offer you a place on the team - you'll be an honorary and honored tester of all time :)

But if there are any errors and discrepancies as a result of testing and real-world work, you will be nationally disgraced and expelled from the team. Do you want to risk? Moreover, there is no risk for you, you know the tester, and you are not afraid of disgrace, as experience shows, you prove that the tester is not worse than the real one, you admit that he makes non-market deals, and not a hint of shame in one eye, what could be the risk?)

Daemon:
But if there are any errors and discrepancies as a result of testing and real-world work, you will be nationally disgraced and expelled from the team. Do you want to risk? Moreover, there is no risk for you, you know the tester, and you are not afraid of disgrace, as experience shows, you prove that the tester is not worse than a real trading robot and you admit that it makes non-market deals, and not a hint of shame in your eyes, what could be the risk?)

You are over-dramatising everything and paying a lot of attention to me personally. Let's focus on your EA and test results.

I'm not proving that the tester is as good as the real one. I'm saying that you can get quite real results in the tester. I have already suggested that you post your EA from which I will get results that are close to reality. I guarantee that I will be able to deal with one error - there will not be a trace of graality. Go ahead.

"You are over-dramatising everything and paying too much attention to me personally."
This is because you have attached yourself to me with your tester and have no way of understanding simple things.

"Let's pay attention to your advisor and test results. "
I am already doing this and you are constantly frustrated with the process.

"I'm not proving that the tester is as good as the real."
Am I proving it? I am saying that the real is conditions identical to the market and the tester is a trading simulation. Everyone chooses what they want.

"I'm saying you can get quite real results in a tester. "
And I'm saying that you can get a real result in the real world, not "FULL" but a real REAL result.

" I have already offered to post your advisor from which I will get close to real results."
Results close to reality I don't want results, I want real results.

"I guarantee that with one margin of error I can manage - there will be no trace of graality. "
You think I don't have any programmers to turn to for problems like this?

"Lay it out."
I don't see the point. Neither in laying out the code for you nor in further "fanatical" arguments about the tester. When you get rid of your addiction, you should, but in the meantime it doesn't sound like a conversation, it sounds like a clinical case.

Files:

Daemon:

"You are over-dramatising everything and paying too much attention to me personally."
This is because you have attached yourself to me with your tester and have no way of understanding simple things.

"Let's pay attention to your advisor and test results. "
I am already doing this and you are constantly frustrated with the process.

"I'm not proving that the tester is as good as the real."
Am I proving it? I am saying that the real is conditions identical to the market and the tester is a trading simulation. Everyone chooses what they want.

"I'm saying you can get quite real results in a tester. "
And I'm saying that you can get a real result in the real world, not "FULL" but a real REAL result.

" I have already offered to post your advisor from which I will get close to real results."
Results close to reality I don't want results, I want real results.

"I guarantee that with one margin of error I can manage - there will be no trace of graality. "
You think I don't have any programmers to turn to for problems like this?

"Lay it out."
I don't see the point. Neither in laying out the code for you nor in further "fanatical" arguments about the tester. When you get rid of your addiction, you should, but in the meantime it doesn't sound like a conversation, it sounds like a clinical case.

It sounds like you are nervous. Apparently you are anxious at the thought of the tester showing plum results on your EA. I understand that it is more pleasant to speculate about the Expert Advisor in real trade and cherish the hope than to get reliable information from the Strategy Tester about the hopelessness of the Expert Advisor.

Your choice is like the choice of a person who has stepped on a rake. You have run the Expert Advisor through the tester and received unreliable results. You put the tester aside and decide to wait for real results. Any farmer knows how to handle a rake properly so that it is a useful tool in his farm, instead of complaining about it. You don't seem to know how to handle the tester to make it useful in your trading household.

I've seen a lot of miracle-grabbing Expert Advisors. I do not need your code. You haven't posted the Expert Advisor, because you are afraid of showing non-functionality of its ideas. You are afraid that I will be able to show its non-functional results in the tester.

And I remember that a couple of posts ago you warned me in your own name about the national disgrace. I didn't refuse your challenge. I'm still willing to brainwash your advisor so that he's adequately tested. You've gone backwards. That's a characteristic of you.

Haven't enjoyed an argument like this in a long time.
Kudos to ST and Vita. I've long suspected that the whole coin and MM mess is a mess, and this is just the topic. All clear, beautiful, convincing.

I have been looking for the grail, like many people here, for a year and a half.
I have tried lots of ideas, but I have nothing to boast about.
I would like to ask the pros to take a look at the Expert Advisor's report. This is the best I have ever done.
I would like your advice, can I at least enter the contest with it? Or do I still have to look for it? Then in what direction to go, what are the mistakes? Thanks in advance.

pips

SymbolGBPUSD (Great Britain Pound vs US Dollar)
Period15 Minutes (M15) 2006.01.02 00:00 - 2006.08.31 00:00 (2006.01.01 - 2006.08.31)
ModelAll ticks (based on all smallest available periods with fractal interpolation of each tick)

Bars in history32882Modelled ticks976238Modeling quality85.61%

Initial deposit10000.00

Net profit3837.83Total profit5876.68Total loss-2038.85
Profitability2.88Expected payoff44.63

Absolute drawdown0.00Maximum drawdown366.65 (3.36%)Relative drawdown3.36% (366.65)

Total trades86Short positions (% win)35 (80.00%)Long positions (% win)51 (86.27%)

Profitable trades (% of all)72 (83.72%)Loss trades (% of all)14 (16.28%)
Largestprofitable trade106.32losing deal-147.45
Averageprofitable deal81.62losing trade-145.63
Maximum numbercontinuous wins (profit)19 (1619.02)Continuous losses (loss)2 (-292.45)
Maximumcontinuous profits (number of wins)1619.02 (19)Continuous loss (number of losses)-292.45 (2)
Averagecontinuous winnings7Continuous loss1

By the way, on the subject. I think I've figured out MQL4 a little bit. If anyone has any ideas but no understanding of how to program it, please leave your email here and I will write back,
Maybe we can do something together. I won't leave my mailbox for spam protection purposes.

I have seen more people like you than you have grail advisers, that's enough for me personally not to take your idle chatter seriously. If you want to be specific and continue, first prove your words with which you started this verbal ...
PS: I hope you will continue to entertain people with your conclusions?

Daemon:

I have seen more people like you than you have grail advisers, that is enough for me personally not to take your idle chatter seriously. If you want to be specific and continue, first prove your words with which you started this verbal ...
PS: I hope you will continue to entertain people with your conclusions?

I've already proved it - I've posted the results of testing the EA with random position opening. The results are exactly consistent with the random nature of the market - the loss/loss trades were 50/50 and hence the drain is strictly on the spread.
The tester performed its job flawlessly.
I'm ready to show you how your EA will fail in the tester.

On your part it was:
Examples with a coin, which should be wrong to apply the correct money management and letters of happiness.
Your reports which in no way confirm that proper money management can make a difference against the spread being drained, on the contrary they are consistent with it.
The results of your running your EA through the tester only indicate that you may not be using the tester correctly.
You don't trust the tester, but you haven't shown a single "unrealistic" trade or pointed out a single fundamental error that prohibits such testing.

After you failed to respond to my challenge, after dropping yours and then backtracking, I have nothing more to add. Your right to hide your EA from my court. Hide it.