Reduce drawdowns to a minimum! Any ideas? - page 7

Yuriy Zaytsev:
Yes, it's a very diverse world! Right, there are also women, I'd forgotten about that.
Therefore, the criterion ("The amount of iron in the balls") is not suitable for all HOMO types.
For women, this criterion is excluded but is supplemented with the strength of maternal emotions, instinct of self-preservation, the level of comfort and the volume of accumulated values in the hearth.
Perhaps women-men, as well as military men, are more disciplined, they are better at trading.
The presence or absence of "iron balls" is not determined by gender, just as "manliness" is not necessarily reserved for men. Some women are more masculine than some ball-bearers.

Andrey Dik:
The presence or absence of "iron balls" is not determined by gender in the same way that "masculinity" is not necessarily unique to men. Other women are more masculine than some ball-bearers.
I say the topic is interesting))))))

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Yuri - but in this situation - stop out and lose the deposit?

Look here is a strong movement, you can see the number of pips - isn't it cool?

- When you have such a move, the broker not only does not let you close the order, he even does not let you fix the stop out - so you're just blocked during the whole movement!

This is an emergency situation, isn't it ?) In such a situation and the moose may not work and run away)))))) Yuri , Thanks for the example and the screenshot !

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Yuri - but in this situation - stop out and lose the deposit?

Look here is a strong movement, you can see the number of pips - isn't it cool?

- When you have such a move, the broker not only does not let you close the order, he even does not let you fix the stop out - so you're just blocked during the whole movement!

In this situation hedging helps (for example internal BUY-SELL), the idea of which is ,
the difference in the volume of buy and sell positions (uncompensated volume) may not differ by an amount larger
than value that allows maintaining the maximum possible price movement for this instrument. Similarly
hedging between instruments works in the same way. This allows to even out such inrush. Besides, if this price throw
can be predicted (e.g. news), then you should not trade before this rush for some time.

If this price throw results in closing of orders on one of the sides (for example, buying) and the hedge is broken,
the next trades will be executed in the direction of hedge compensation (in this case, selling).

The primary objective is to maintain balance because most of my lost deposits have been exactly
because most of my lost deposits have been exactly the consequence of imbalance (BUY-SELL).

If there is such a balance - it does not matter where the price rebounded to, as long as there is a possibility to rebalance.
to restore the balance.

Yury Kirillov:

Hedging (for example, internal BUY-SELL) helps in this situation,
The difference in buy and sell positions (uncompensated volume) should not exceed the value
than value that allows maintaining the maximum possible price movement for this instrument. Similarly
hedging between instruments works in the same way. This allows to even out such inrush. Besides, if this price throw
can be predicted (e.g. news), then you should not trade before this rush for some time.

If this price throw results in closing of orders on one of the sides (e.g. buying) and the hedge is broken,
the next trades will be executed in the direction of hedge compensation (in this case, selling).

The primary objective is to maintain balance because most of my lost deposits have been exactly
because most of my lost deposits have been exactly the consequence of imbalance (BUY-SELL).

If there is such a balance - it does not matter where the price rebounded to, as long as there is a possibility to rebalance.
to restore the balance.

There was a curious post on October 7.

The gist of the post is as follows

A person placed a lock and when some movement started the broker started to check unprofitable positions first and then profitable ones - indeed not all positions are checked at once, there is always some consistency! The effect is remarkable: the losing positions generated a stop-out and in reality there was a small drawdown when all positions were taken into account.

So with hedging (lots) there are nuances in the behaviour of the broker which can be recognised in movements such as the 7th of October.

The solution to the problem of strong market movements I see in trading many instruments with small (minimum) lots.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

There was a curious post on October 7.

The gist of the post is as follows

A person placed a lock and when some movement started the broker started to check unprofitable positions first and then profitable ones - indeed not all positions are checked at once, there is always some consistency! The effect is remarkable: the losing positions generated a stop-out and in reality there was a small drawdown when all positions were taken into account.

So with hedging (lots) there are nuances in the behaviour of the broker which can be recognised in movements such as the 7th of October.

I see the solution to the problem of strong market movements in trading many instruments with small (minimum) lots.

A trader cannot set the price of an instrument, but can choose a broker (dealer), the volume and direction of transactions.
- A trader should use all the opportunities for profit, instead of focusing on "popular" scams.

2) Trading in many instruments makes sense if the total combined position volume for each currency (not the instrument) is maintained close to the volume of the
(not an instrument) close to zero (hedging). It is desirable to use closed chains of instruments,
For example: EURUSD-EURJPY-USDJPY. For example, if you buy EURUSD, you get +1 hedge for EUR and -1 hedge for USD.
Therefore, the next transaction should be one of them. 3:

- selling EURUSD (hedge=0)

- sale EURJPY (EURHedge=0 JPYHedge=1) the following operation is buying EURJPY or selling USDJPY

- buy USDJPY (USDHedge=0 ЈPҮhedge=-1) the following operation buy EURJPY or buy USDJPY

3) Trading should always be performed only with such volumes that allow you to hold a hedge
within the deviation from zero, preventing price changes or broker manipulation
cause the deposit to go to zero.

I apologize for being a little haphazard. :-)