Reduce drawdowns to a minimum! Any ideas? - page 6

Dmitriy Ermolaev:
I liked the thesis....If it's out by a stop out, then the TS is not workable....I agree!
And if it's out by a stop-out, it means the TS is serviceable, but a bit unlucky)

Vitaly Muzichenko:
And if it's out by a stop-out, then the TS is workable, but a bit unlucky)

)))))))))))

Yury Reshetov:

It depends on the system.

Yury Reshetov:
If I don't trade at all, the drawdowns are zero.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
I don't know how to use these words, but I'm sure they are correct and the price is correct.)
I read the thread and another idea comes to mind. The drawdown rate depends on "the amount of iron in the balls". The less iron, the less the drawdown.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

I read the thread and another idea comes to mind. The drawdown rate depends "on the amount of iron in the balls". The less iron, the less drawdown.

It's easier for girls, they almost always follow the rules. This is more likely due to the instinct for self-preservation, the keeper of the home and comfort, maternal feelings, all this in conjunction and does not allow to allow the drain and remain at the "broken trough".

Men, on the contrary, believe that they are always right, often take risks, many are satisfied with a small but new, unable to accept defeat.

An interesting thought)))) And given the globality of the problem, I mean iron balls and adherence to the rules.....), this topic qualifies for a separate thread in the forum.... )))

Vitaly Muzichenko:

It's easier for girls, they almost always follow the rules. This is more likely due to the instinct for self-preservation, the keeper of the home and comfort, maternal feelings, all this in conjunction and does not allow to allow the drain and remain at the "broken trough".

Men, on the contrary, believe that they are always right, often take risks, many settle for small but new, unable to accept defeat.

Dmitriy Ermolaev:
An interesting thought)))) And given the globality of the problem, I mean iron balls and respect for the rules.....), this topic claims a separate branch in the forum.... )))
Yes, the world is very diverse! Exactly, but there are also girls who are women, I have somehow overlooked.
Therefore the criterion ("The amount of iron in the balls") is not suitable for all HOMO types.
For women, this criterion is excluded but is supplemented with the strength of maternal emotions, instinct of self-preservation, the level of comfort and the volume of accumulated values in the hearth.
It is likely that girls - women, as well as military men, are more susceptible to discipline, they are better at trading.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
The drawdown must be commensurate with the expected profit. Without drawdown, there is no profit.

Exactly right!
If we have an algorithm that closes trades only in profit (without stops), which trades with profit P and drawdown D,
For example if we increase lot by N times we obtain N times bigger profit (simplified).
N naturally selected N should not lead to a margin call, but it should be the maximum possible.
That is the maximum profit will be achieved at a drawdown that almost corresponds to the margin call.
When trading with stops the dependence becomes non-linear (bell-shaped).
The optimal value of the lot is on the top of the bell.
Vince describes it as calculation of "optimal f".

Yury Kirillov:

Exactly right!
If we have an algorithm that closes trades only in profit (without stops), which trades with profit P and drawdown D,
Then if we increase the lot by N times we obtain N times more profit (simplified).
N naturally selected N should not lead to a margin call, but it should be the maximum possible.
That is the maximum profit will be achieved at a drawdown that almost corresponds to the margin call.
When trading with stops the dependence becomes non-linear (bell-shaped).
The optimal value of the lot is on the top of the bell.
Vince describes it as calculation of "optimal f".

Yuriy, good day! What is your favourite strategy? With or without moose?

Dmitriy Ermolaev:
Yuri, good afternoon! Which strategies do you prefer? With or without bulls?

Without stops (to limit losses),
Trading in a short-term channel with averaging,
volatility of news,
Hedging within an instrument (BUY-SELL) and between instruments.
Tick analysis.
Trailing profit with dynamic parameters.
Adaptive tuning of parameters - main driver: channel width.

Oh, and a few more useful little things...

Yury Kirillov:

Without any stops (to limit the loss),
trading in a short-term channel with averaging,
volatility of news,
Hedging within the instrument (BUY-SELL) and between instruments.
Tick analysis.
Trailing profit with dynamic parameters.
Adaptive parameter setting - main driver: channel width.

And a few more useful little things...

Yuri - but in such a situation - stop out ?

Look here a strong movement, you can see the number of pips - cool isn't it ?

- With such a move, the broker not only does not let you close the order, he even does not let you fix the stop-losses - so you are just blocked throughout the entire move!