MetaEditor build 1463 - page 6

I don't know if it's appropriate to suggest adding the DoubleToStr, TimeToStr, StrToDouble, StrToInteger, StrToTimefunctions are present in the fourth by inertia. The uniformity is broken by the absence of IntegerToStr()... 😶.

Digital -> _Digital and other constants...

Mikhail Dovbakh:

I don't know if it's appropriate to suggest adding a "Corrector" command to the " Service" menu.
Sort of automatic replacement of obsolete constructions with ideologically correct ones.

In my opinion, implementation of automatic code correction would simplify and reduce costs of application developers when making changes in their own or borrowed solutions and would "brush up" the language itself, simplify implementation of new constructions.

For example,the DoubleToStr, TimeToStr, StrToDouble, StrToInteger, StrToTimefunctions are present in the fourth by inertia. The monotony is broken by the absence of IntegerToStr()... 😶.

The effect would be just the opposite - the army of those who sit on their heels and constantly cry and demand something for a platform, whose development has been halted, would only increase. Such a "corrector" will only contribute to the atrophy of the brain.

Mikhail Dovbakh:

I don't know if it's appropriate to suggest adding the DoubleToStr, TimeToStr, StrToDouble, StrToInteger, StrToTimefunctions are present in the fourth by inertia. The uniformity is broken by the absence of IntegerToStr()... 😶.

This can be done in one go right now. Explore the topic of existing converters.

fxsaber:

Each time I call HistorySelect to the full. Will the generated history only expand after a call or is it possible that after a call to HistorySelect, the data in the history table will not only expand, but also change places?

In the tester, obviously, it will only expand, without changing the previously received data. And on the real account?

The history of deals may change as a result of corrections made by the administrators. For example, correcting spikes, cancelling erroneous trades or financial transactions.

In reality, it is better in 99% of cases to use your cache, fully updating it once per day/session/clearing and adding new ones. This is if your job is built on heavy and constant recalculation of transaction history.

Renat Fatkhullin:

In reality, it is better to use your cache 99% of the time, fully updating it once a day/session/clearing and completing a new one. This is if your job is built on heavy and constant recalculation of transaction history.

That's exactly what we're talking about! Working with history without caching in MT5 can be as fast as working with history in MT4? After all, in MT4 on every tick is done internally HistorySelect or there is a different architecture?

I would love to cache it, but you say there is no guarantee - 99%. If the broker admin can make changes, can they add a line to the past? I.e. it's clear that he can change the result of some transaction due to spike and it won't change the number of rows in the history table (SelectByPos for the same Pos will always return the same row from the history). But can the admin ADD a row to the past history (SelectByPos will move)?

You should ALWAYS do history caching for the tester. There's a guarantee there. For real, it doesn't seem to work.

Since MetaEditor's open tabs now show the presence of file changes compared to the Warehouse, could the right menu for working with the Warehouse be "screwed" to the right click on the file tab? Something like that:

Store by right-clicking on the tab

Alexey Navoykov:

And a further rationalisation suggestion. Why not move the Progress Bar and Start button in the tester window just below where the tabs are located. The space allows, in principle. It will save useful space on the screen. Plus another convenience: you'll be able to monitor the progress status from any tab, not just in Settings. As well as to start/stop testing.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Yes, an interesting solution. Let's think over its implementation
Interface of Strategy Tester.
Additions, MetaTrader 5 Client, Closed, Started: 2010.09.23 12:55, #23639

Problem description

The interface of the Strategy Tester is extremely inconvenient. You have to constantly jump to tabs.

To improve the convenience of the tester, I propose, have already talked about it, control buttons "Start / Cancel" put in the window area, which is visible regardless of which tab is active at the moment. This way you can start/stop testing at any time without having to scroll through the tabs.

In addition, the window with logs also makes sense to be displayed separately at all times to enable continuous monitoring, again without jumping through the tester's tabs.

Support Team2016.02.09 06:54

Andrey Dik:
Interface of Strategy Tester.
Proposals, MetaTrader 5 Client, Closed, Started: 2010.09.23 12:55, #23639

Support Team2016.02.09 06:54

Yeah... )) Hopefully things will get moving now after all.

By the way in the old days I did such a thing with my own hands for 4:

As you can see, there are two separate buttons: Start/Pause and Stop. This is more convenient than the common Start/Stop button (which can be accidentally pressed twice in a row) and the Pause button, which is in a completely different location.

I wish the developers would take this idea on board.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

How to find the number of pips earned on position from its trade/order history

fxsaber, 2016.11.01 17:11

Some platforms history is more complete than MT5 - there is a requested price among the transaction properties.
In some cases there is no data in the MT history about the price at which the trade was requested.

Refresh your memory, please, records of Stop Loss triggering

2016.11.05 17:48:35.514 2016.06.02 16:06:31   stop loss triggered #6 buy 0.50 EURUSD 1.12120 sl: 1.11820 tp: 1.12320 [#7 sell 0.50 EURUSD at 1.11820]

used to be in the tester's "logbook"?